SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Engineer said:

Forget about the goaltenders, the story from a UND perspective is Rowney. Very impressive in his role. He kid is earrning a spot in the league. 

No doubt. Undrafted as well and now has found a permanent spot on the defending champs squad. Hard work goes a long ways. 

1 hour ago, Roosevelt83 said:

To suggest that Fleury would not have been capable of getting a win with the 3 goals scored Friday night or the 6 goals scored today is stupid beyond belief. The difference has been the effort from the rest of the team, not the fact that Sullivan benched the superior goaltender in favor of his precious baby boy.

You really don't get it do you. The changing of a goalie regardless of who it is can change the attitude of an entire team. This is exactly what happened. Hockey 101. Take the class immediately. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Roosevelt83 said:

So one bad period and you immediately dismiss how great he's been all through the playoffs? Clueless beyond belief!

To completely ignore it and say there is no way he could lose a game if his team scored 3 goals seems to be a lot more indicative of clueless.

It's absolutely hilarious how much of an obsession you have for one player that you'd rather see your favorite team lose if he isn't on the ice so you can feel some sort of vindication thinking you are "right", despite the fact that Murray is well beyond needing to prove himself to anyone because he has more than done that by any objective measure (note - the DaveK eye test does not fall in this category). 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Fleury shut-out:  "Greatest Penguins goalie ever.  Maybe the greatest in the NHL.  Ever."

Murray shut-out:  "Meh.  Anyone could do that with the Penguins line-up in front of him." 

I'd hate to see Dave's bedroom. Can't imagine the amount of Fleury posters he has in there. Plus the bobble heads, cards, t shirts, and probably a Fleury blowup doll. ;)

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I'd hate to see Dave's bedroom. Can't imagine the amount of Fleury posters he has in there. Plus the bobble heads, cards, t shirts, and probably a Fleury blowup doll. ;)

Who's Dave?  I thought we were talking about Roosevelt83?  :lol:

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

To suggest that Fleury would not have been capable of getting a win with the 3 goals scored Friday night or the 6 goals scored today is stupid beyond belief. The difference has been the effort from the rest of the team, not the fact that Sullivan benched the superior goaltender in favor of his precious baby boy.

Then it's a great coaching move by Sully. Realizing the team will only play their best when Murray is in the net.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Who's Dave?  I thought we were talking about Roosevelt83?  :lol:

DaveK doesn't care either way...he's got everyone talking about the Pens, good, bad, or otherwise it doesn't matter as long as everybody's focused on his shi++y team.

59 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Is that a shot at me?  It sounds like a shot at me!  :lol:  

You know, you sure sound a lot like that DaveK character who has been around here a long time.  What's your take on slew-footing?

Only a matter time till he starts talking about the sh***y Big Ten hockey conference inferiority/futility vs the NCHC.

40 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Slew footing is what Ovechkin did to Crosby a split second prior to the Niskanen cross check to the head, but that seems a bit off topic.

And who is this DaveK that people keep referencing? I don't see any such user name on this forum.

Solid take!  

What are your thoughts on 80's music, hair length, and high definition television? 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Yes, that is what I said. But to insist that the goalie change was the reason for a better effort from the rest of the team is pretty silly, unless you believe they were throwing the game intentionally just to make Fleury look bad.

Yes, it is silly. What is also silly is your hatred for a Stanley Cup winning goaltender on a team you cheer for. MAF played himself out of his starting job and until Murray has a bad game I would assume the starting job is his. It is the ECF, hard to blame a coach for making a change and sticking with it when it works.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Slew footing is what Ovechkin did to Crosby a split second prior to the Niskanen cross check to the head, but that seems a bit off topic.

And who is this DaveK that people keep referencing? I don't see any such user name on this forum.

DaveK is your soulmate.

20 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

MAF did not play himself out of the starting job, that is why I'm so pissed off. Without his stellar goaltending the Pens wouldn't have had a prayer vs. Washington and maybe wouldn't have even survived the 1st round series vs. Columbus. If you watched those games you'd understand what I'm talking about. In nearly 40 years of watching hockey I can't recall another example of a goaltender who was on pace to win the Conn Smythe have the rug pulled out from under his feet for one bad period. Win or lose, there simply is no excuse for what Sullivan did.

He gave up four goals in half a period. Murray has given up three goals and is 2-0 since taking over. It's playoff time, if I were a fan of Pittsburgh, I would't mad about the move unless Murray was playing bad and losing.

• Upvote 1