SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact........Fleurry is the more popular choice within the Pen's locker room at goalie. Great guy and teammate.

Fact......the Pen's locker room was behind Sullivan's decision to go with Murray going into game 4.

While it may be debatable who is better than stopping the puck, there is no question Murray is better at handling the puck.  With no Letang, the pens D are susceptible to a forecheck. With Murray, Sens cannot afford to sell out on forechecking as much and risk transition opportunities by Pens.  Also, MAF has to freeze pucks more which results in a high number of defensive zone draws. All this means less zone time for Sens...as you saw in game 4. 

To be fair, the return to form of Daley helped the breakout. 

Also, the return to form of Hagelin forces Sens D to not pinch as much. This too helps breakout. 

Now if only Sully would sit Sheary.  He plays like he has eggs in his pockets. 

1 hour ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Murray sucks, the Pens have a minimal chance to win when he's in net in unless they outshoot the opponent (which they did in Game 4). Fleury is the only goaltender on Pittsburgh's roster capable of compiling wins regularly even when the team is outshot.

Murray sucks but yet he has had better stats the MAF all year. Keep ignoring actual proven results and instead use your arbitrary claims that can't actually be proven. That seems to be the only way you can justify your obsession of a goalie who had a strong career but is on the downswing and has been passed up by a rising star who already has a Stanley Cup to his name.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Murray sucks, the Pens have a minimal chance to win when he's in net in unless they outshoot the opponent (which they did in Game 4). Fleury is the only goaltender on Pittsburgh's roster capable of compiling wins regularly even when the team is outshot.

I guess it's surprising, considering how bad they struggled in last years playoffs, that Murray is on the team. 

Actually, you're correct that MAF can can steal more games than Murray.  But he can give more away also.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I wonder if Perry will get fine / suspension for abuse of officials?

Probably not. It seems like the Ducks get very favorable treatment from the officials, based on some of the comments I have seen on here. That being said, I hope he gets at least a fine. He is one of the biggest pricks in the NHL today. The whole sport will be better off once he retires.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

To suggest that Fleury would not have been capable of getting a win with the 3 goals scored Friday night is stupid beyond belief.

Hmmmm. How many did he give up in his last start? I feel like it was more than 3....

• Upvote 1