SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

5 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Way back to the 1970's when they were an irrelevant franchise? That's how far you have to go back to trace the roots of when I first started following them.

I'm happy for ya. Well not really. :)

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

In other words your hatred doesn't go back quite that far. Got it! :D

Considering I was in my teens back then no it probably doesn't. What I'm getting at is you have nothing to do with it. Go Sens!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

This should cost Sullivan his job. Absolutely disgusting!!! This is almost as bad as the politics in youth hockey where certain kids get the majority of playing time without having done a damn thing to earn it. Murray is a spoiled brat and Sullivan is his enabler. I can't wait till the day when both of those two pieces of garbage are as far away from the city of Pittsburgh as possible. I hope the Sens light up that little punk tonight.

WHOA!  That escalated quickly!

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

This is almost as bad as the politics in youth hockey where certain kids get the majority of playing time without having done a damn thing to earn it.

32-10, 2.41 GAA, .923 SV%
18-10, 3.02 GAA, .909 SV%

Oh, and 4GA on 9SA, .556 SV%, 12:52 TOI.

You actually sound like a youth hockey parent who is mad their kid isn't getting playing time and can't understand why.

:lol:

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

This should cost Sullivan his job. Absolutely disgusting!!! This is almost as bad as the politics in youth hockey where certain kids get the majority of playing time without having done a damn thing to earn it. Murray is a spoiled brat and Sullivan is his enabler. I can't wait till the day when both of those two pieces of garbage are as far away from the city of Pittsburgh as possible. I hope the Sens light up that little punk tonight.

#RobRossi

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

You sound like a youth hockey parent whose spoiled brat kid isn't even good but gets to play all the time because you make bigger donations than other parents can afford to make, and then you can't quite figure out why people resent your entitled a$$.

Swing and a miss. You clearly are ignoring where the guy starting tonight had clearly better stats this season than the guy who got absolutely lit up last game.

Starting Murray tonight after the hot hand cools.* 
And the expansion draft is coming. 

In poker, what Sullivan is doing tonight is called "a tell". 

*It's almost kinda sorta like when Henrik was hurt for the NYR and the back-up got hot. --> That guy played over Henrik until he cooled off and then The King reascended the throne. 

40 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

You are clearly ignoring where the guy starting tonight is not good enough to start for the majority of NHL teams including Pittsburgh. If that sorry excuse for a goaltender didn't get hurt prior to the start of the 1st game of the 1st round the Pens would have been swept by Washington. Yeah, throw a future HOFer under the bus for one bad period when he's the only reason the team is not on the golf course yet. Karma will get both Murray and Sullivan for this horrendous stab in the back. If not tonight, one day very soon those two will get what is coming to them.

Strange that he started the majority of their regular season games if he wasn't good enough to start for them.

27 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Yeah, sit the Conn Smythe candidate in favor of some no talent chump who belongs in the AHL. Dickhead move to say the least.

I'll go with the coach who has a ring not some butt hurt Pens fan who has mad man love for Fleury.  Doh-kay? With that said I hope he gets lit up like a Christmas tree. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Yeah, strange that the coach would start his little personal pet project over the more qualified player. And that is exactly why I want those two sacks of $hit out of Pittsburgh ASAP.

He's got the numbers to back up his decision. You have delusion backing up yours. 

• Upvote 1

Wow, as a Pens fan myself you need to take a chill Roosevelt. Fleury clearly got rattled last game, and while I personally would stick with him, I understand Murray coming in this game. Sullivan will either look like a genius or a fool for this move either way, but Fleury has shown in the past when you crack him, he stays cracked, it's probably better for him at this point to get some rest, and maybe this will charge up the team a little because they played like horse poop in front of him in this series, and really the majority of the last series. My one agreement is that if Fleury hasn't cracked, you could have been looking at the playoff MVP if they'd have won it. 

Side note, for the love of God Nashville, beat the Ducks.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Wow, as a Pens fan myself you need to take a chill Roosevelt. Fleury clearly got rattled last game, and while I personally would stick with him, I understand Murray coming in this game. Sullivan will either look like a genius or a fool for this move either way, but Fleury has shown in the past when you crack him, he stays cracked, it's probably better for him at this point to get some rest, and maybe this will charge up the team a little because they played like horse poop in front of him in this series, and really the majority of the last series. My one agreement is that if Fleury hasn't cracked, you could have been looking at the playoff MVP if they'd have won it. 

Side note, for the love of God Nashville, beat the Ducks.

Plus Fleury plays better at home than on the road. As many of us know a goalie change can change the attitude of the rest of the team. Sully is hoping this is the case here. We shall see. 

13 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

How many of those three goals did Murray score? What was Fleury's record this postseason in games in which the Pens outshot the opponent? I'll give you a clue, it was 2-0. Just because they won doesn't automatically make it the right move. The way the Pens are playing tonight they could have won this game with a college goalie in net.

I get it. Move on. 

• Upvote 2