SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

4 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

They probably couldn't afford him.

We'll see what happens in the offseason, but I know he would like to come here. I have a family member who spoke with him, and he said he would like to come finish his career in MN. We could certainly use the goal scoring.

But like you said, Money talks, and coming off of a pretty big year for him, he could really cash in. Wild better at least kick the tires and see if they find a way to make it work.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:02 PM, Ray77 said:

I know The Sicatoka started the Playoffs Game, but I wanted to start a thread to just talk playoff hockey, starting with this...potential Sioux to get their name etched on the Stanley Cup.

Chicago Blackhawks - Jonathan Toews and Nick Schmaltz

Minnesota Wild - Zach Parise

St. Lous Blues - Jordan Schmaltz

Edmonton Oilers - Drake Caggulia

San Jose Sharks - Aaron Dell

Boston Bruins - Drew Stafford and Zane McIntyre

Washington Capitals - TJ Oshie and Taylor Chorney

Pittsburgh Penguins - Carter Rowney

Am I missing anyone?  If this is the comprehensive list, there are 11 former Sioux in the running, on 8 of the 16 teams that made the playoffs.  Quite impressive!

Now that the Conference Finals are set, only Carter Rowney remains.  And let me say, he had a great game last night.  He's a big part of their penalty kill and it'll be interesting to see how much icetime he gets during the Conference Finals.

10 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Better yet...

Bring back the Patrick, Adams, Norris, and Smythe divisions. Each division plays 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in the 1st round. Division finals in 2nd round, conference finals in 3rd round.

1967 called.  They would like to contract the Pittsburgh Penguins and California Seals too.  

• Upvote 2

Listening to the talking heads praise Kesler makes me nauseous..  Between Pierre's never ending dribble, the moronic Gatorade commercial, and Kesler love fest, these playoffs have a meh.  But the play on the ice is amazing most of the time.  Watching two guys hit the boards so hard tonight makes me wonder if boards should be designed to be safer...  sort of like the safer barriers in NASCAR?

I hate to say it but the wickedness of play that the playoffs are being defined as (in comparison to regular season) is just giving fans what they want..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 5/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Maybe Parise and Suter would restructure their contracts to pave the way to get a guy like Oshie.  At this stage they are both stealing from the organization IMO.

Nobody held a gun to the owner's head and forced him to offer those obscene contract amounts, did they?

• Upvote 3

Another very nasty physical game tonight between the Preds and Ducks. No way the Wild could survive this type of series or the Pens/Sens series. Way way to soft. With that said I have missed maybe a handful of games since Minny was eliminated. Now if it's the Ducks/Pens in the finals I will have a tough time watching. I despise both teams equally