SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cberkas

2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

tnt   
1 hour ago, John W. said:

The recent news from college hockey about lack of neutral site applications for regionals...makes ESPN"s point....that at the collegiate level, they....and the vast majority of the US....doesn't  care about hockey.!!!!....."put lipstick on a pig....it's still a pig"....the "puck sniffers" following UND  hockey can't grasp that!!!!

Better tell that to the supposed "State of Hockey".  Of course as bad as they are in every other sport, it makes sense to cling to the sport you are best in, but that isn't saying a lot either. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, tnt said:

Nobody gives a rip about you either, but you still manage to hang around!  By the way, I don't follow a sport because of its popularity with the masses, I care about whether it has the action I like, and hockey provides that better than any other sport.  There may not be as many of them, but fans of hockey certainly don't lack the passion for the sport.  

Johnny doesn't understand that, he must be a pig sniffer?

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, The Sicatoka said:

So when'd y'all pick up that?
And do all-y'all in y'all's house speak it? 

Mostly travelin' for me.  But the misses laid her head a spell in both 'Bama and Georgia, so hers has deeper roots.

We tend to refrain from excessive use in the household, though it does occasionally arise after a few cocktails...

brianvf   
6 hours ago, John W. said:

The recent news from college hockey about lack of neutral site applications for regionals...makes ESPN"s point....that at the collegiate level, they....and the vast majority of the US....doesn't  care about hockey.!!!!....."put lipstick on a pig....it's still a pig"....the "puck sniffers" following UND  hockey can't grasp that!!!!

I like tacos.

• Upvote 1

Mariucci   
On Fri Apr 28 2017 at 0:59 AM, Feff said:

4 B1G teams in the top 10? This guy is smoking something fun.  

You mean 4 teams in the top 8. 

tnt   
1 hour ago, Mariucci said:

You mean 4 teams in the top 8. 

The Vikings were supposed to go to the Super Bowl last year too!

WiSioux   
2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Arizona State, BC, Michigan Tech, and Northern Michigan to play in the Ice Vegas Invitational at T-Mobile Arena.

That sounds like a horrible tournament...

MafiaMan   
2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Arizona State, BC, Michigan Tech, and Northern Michigan to play in the Ice Vegas Invitational at T-Mobile Arena.

4 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

That sounds like a horrible tournament...

Why don't they sub in UMD and LSSU in place of BC and ASU and make it a Yooper Convention?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cberkas said:

Not gonna worry about buying tickets 2 years in advance for THAT one ...

cberkas   
3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Not gonna worry about buying tickets 2 years in advance for THAT one ...

It's next year.

NoDakFan   
On 5/2/2017 at 0:01 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Holy Cross to Hockey East

Edit: women's. That's what happens when you only read the headline.

I mean, that's still a very relevant thing to the mens game. HE has an open spot if they want to get back to an even number. Holy Cross fans have been almost begging for a move to HE the last few years so this could be the first step.

tnt   
9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Isn't that about 3,500 seats too many?  Or are the Buckeyes planning on playing Michigan at home ten times a year?

:lol:

I guess it is just confirmation that UND isn't going to the Big Ten, because it wouldn't be big enough to accommodate our fans... unless, of course they are trying to keep us out.  Genius!  Instead of making us buy bigger ticket packages, build the arena smaller to begin with!  They must have caught wind of the whole Las Vegas fiasco. 

• Upvote 1

Yote 53   

I heard recently the Sioux Falls Sports Authority is attempting to put together a 4 team tournament, a BIG/NCHC challenge with UND-UNO-Minnesota-Wisconsin to be played at the Denny in SF.  Didn't read through the entire thread to see if that had been mentioned anywhere.

7 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

I heard recently the Sioux Falls Sports Authority is attempting to put together a 4 team tournament, a BIG/NCHC challenge with UND-UNO-Minnesota-Wisconsin to be played at the Denny in SF.  Didn't read through the entire thread to see if that had been mentioned anywhere.

Minnesota is moving to D1?  Cool!:p

• Upvote 2