SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Did Nicky Lieverman decommit from Notre Dame?

It would be odd for 6 players to all decommit after one game. It was likely an error by Penticton.

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

It looks like the brainiacs at the University of Denver are one step closer to retiring the Pioneer nickname....at least that’s what some Pios faithful suspect is the leadership’s agenda all along...

https://letsgodu.com/2018/01/03/sneaky-new-du-campus-safety-policy-effectively-bans-boone-mascot-costume-from-du-campus/

They’re still at this?

Just now, cberkas said:

They’re still at this?

Yep. There’s a DU fan(s) who wear a Boone costume at DU hockey games and this new policy will effectively put an end to that.

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Yep. There’s a DU fan(s) who wear a Boone costume at DU hockey games and this new policy will effectively put an end to that.

They retired Boone about 2 years ago, so it’s about time they finally got around to it.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Watching Frank Serratore going off on NCHC officials after his team played Denver made my night.  He hit the nail 100 percent on the head with officials looking for penalties.

If you are in need of a good laugh I think it's on Goon's Twitter page.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Watching Frank Serratore going off on NCHC officials after his team played Denver made my night.  He hit the nail 100 percent on the head with officials looking for penalties.

If you are in need of a good laugh I think it's on Goon's Twitter page.

Well, he did meet Santa Claus. :lol:

15 hours ago, Godsmack said:

It looks like the brainiacs at the University of Denver are one step closer to retiring the Pioneer nickname....at least that’s what some Pios faithful suspect is the leadership’s agenda all along...

https://letsgodu.com/2018/01/03/sneaky-new-du-campus-safety-policy-effectively-bans-boone-mascot-costume-from-du-campus/

OMG I THINK I SAW A DANIEL BOONE MASK!  GET ME TO A SAFE SPACE AND FIND ME A CUDDLE PUPPY BEFORE I GET PTSD!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

OMG I THINK I SAW A DANIEL BOONE MASK!  GET ME TO A SAFE SPACE AND FIND ME A CUDDLE PUPPY BEFORE I GET PTSD!

Pioneers are people, not mascots.....:unsure:

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So if the DU fan shows up wearing buckskin, a coonskin cap, and no mask, will he be asked to leave?  Don't understand what's so threatening about Daniel Boone...

13 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So if the DU fan shows up wearing buckskin, a coonskin cap, and no mask, will he be asked to leave?  Don't understand what's so threatening about Daniel Boone...

If I had to guess I would say some snowflakes think it is racist or sexist or both.

And you probably need to check your elitist white male privilege.:D

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

BGSU beat Michigan Tech 4-1 on Tuesday to win the GLI

Michigan beat Michigan State 6-4 to win the Toilet Bowl

FYP

According to Puck Swami, Boone was kicked out of the outdoor game a few seasons ago at Coors Field yet Prowler, the CC masked mascot was allowed to stay. Plus, someone stole the mega Boone banner at that game.

Turns out the reason why DU dropped Boone as their mascot back in the late 90’s and went to the infamous bird (it was really a jelly donut), was because Daniel Boone and the Pioneer way of life represented the death of Native Americans, which some on campus felt was offensive.

http://www.westword.com/news/du-mascot-denver-boone-booted-from-coors-field-game-banner-missing-7631371

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

According to Puck Swami, Boone was kicked out of the outdoor game a few seasons ago at Coors Field yet Prowler, the CC masked mascot was allowed to stay. Plus, someone stole the mega Boone banner at that game.

Turns out the reason why DU dropped Boone as their mascot back in the late 90’s and went to the infamous bird (it was really a jelly donut), was because Daniel Boone and the Pioneer way of life represented the death of Native Americans, which some on campus felt was offensive.

http://www.westword.com/news/du-mascot-denver-boone-booted-from-coors-field-game-banner-missing-7631371

So, they're coming for the Pioneers nickname next? 

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Somebody, quick!  Get me to my digital safe space!

8 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

well I'm offended by gophers, so there is always that...

I am offended by all rodentia. They carry disease and are a plague on civilized society. Don't get me started on the abuses of the Ag College in choosing a sacred animal to be their mascot... </sarcasm>

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, chicofelipe said:

I am offended by all rodentia. They carry disease and are a plague on civilized society. Don't get me started on the abuses of the Ag College in choosing a sacred animal to be their mascot... </sarcasm>

well at least the dumb cow tastes good if you grind it up and grill it...