SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

2 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Very happy that CC won tonight at New Hampshire...

UNH has been on fire too this season.  Good win!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The Presumptive 2018 NCAA Champions seemed to struggle with lowly LSSU this weekend.

They put 120 shots on goal in two games.  I can't imagine what the scores would have been both nights if LSSU doesn't get Brad Schlossman player of the game award goaltending. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

They put 120 shots on goal in two games.  I can't imagine what the scores would have been both nights if LSSU doesn't get Brad Schlossman player of the game award goaltending. :lol:

LSSU played two different goalies each night.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The Presumptive 2018 NCAA Champions seemed to struggle with lowly LSSU this weekend.

65 SOG last night, 54 tonight.  

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'd say they're built from the net out.....

Knowing that all goalies are crazy lunatics, I'd say that is a risky strategy.  

And I hear the craziness just gets more pronounced with age . . . :D

• Upvote 1

Sounds like Arizona State is looking at arenas for ideas for their new arena. During the Omaha game it was mentioned that Arizona State officials were looking at Baxter Arena. 

9 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Sounds like Arizona State is looking at arenas for ideas for their new arena. During the Omaha game it was mentioned that Arizona State officials were looking at Baxter Arena. 

That would be a good place to start, assuming ASU wants to build a similarly sized arena. Duluth’s Amsoil Arena is another good one. I love the open air concourse design of both barns.

Just now, Godsmack said:

That would be a good place to start, assuming ASU wants to build a similarly sized arena. Duluth’s Amsoil Arena is another good one. I love the open air concourse design of both barns.

They're in Colgate this weekend and they just built a new arena.

I'd say I wouldn't be surprised if they made a stop in Grand Forks. but they doesn't play close to Grand Forks the rest of the year.