SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cberkas

2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

SJHovey   
8 hours ago, petey23 said:

Hakstol was a serious candidate for Coach of the Year last year, this year they won 39 and lost 33, not horrible but not great.

I am guessing as long as they improve next year he would be safe and if not I wonder what his contract says about collecting 4 Million and going back to coaching college since he currently has 3 years left on his contract.

The one thing I'm pretty sure about is that Hak isn't going anywhere unless Philly fires him.  There is no way he jumps ship just to go to Michigan.  It would be totally against his character to quit on anything, even when the going is tough.  I few "Fire Hak" threads in Philly message boards isn't going to do it. :lol:

Hakstol got a five-year, $10 million deal ($2 million average). He's two years through it.
No way does he leave with three years ($6 million) remaining. Why? 

First, nobody in college hockey can pay him $2 million per.
Next, if he gets fired Philly has to buy him out. 

Simple math. ;) 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hak will get one more year in Philly.  He has to make the playoffs or he's gone.  That being said the Flyers need to get him another goal scorer in free agency or a goaltender because finishing above .500 with the group he had isn't a terrible season IMHO. 

And it would help if Gostisbehere got things going the right way again.  People in Philly are ticked that he was a healthy scratch a few times, but you can't be that big of a defensive liability and not score more.

Hak coaching Michigan would be cool though.

I heard they have this really awesome goaltender in College Hockey somewhere I wonder when they will call him up :silly:

Wilbur   
6 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

I heard they have this really awesome goaltender in College Hockey somewhere I wonder when they will call him up :silly:

Wonder if he ends up back at UND or if he will go straight to Philadelphia? :)

cberkas   
3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Philadelphia's a different beast than most NHL towns though.  "Improvement" means playoffs.  Or else.

You mean win a Stanley Cup.

cberkas   

Danton Cole officially announced as the head coach of Michigan State. This could end up being another Comley or another Anastos.

20 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

It's like we're separated-at-birth twin brothers sometimes, Wilbur.  No way Hextall cans Hak this early as it would be a total indictment of his tenure as GM.

This is what I am thinking too. Hextall practically begged Hakstol to take the head coaching job, made four (?) trips to Grand Forks and wouldn't take no for an answer. To fire Hakstol this soon would make him look pretty stupid. I think this is being looked at as a long-term rebuilding project and it takes time to get all the pieces in place.

petey23   
21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is what I am thinking too. Hextall practically begged Hakstol to take the head coaching job, made four (?) trips to Grand Forks and wouldn't take no for an answer. To fire Hakstol this soon would make him look pretty stupid. I think this is being looked at as a long-term rebuilding project and it takes time to get all the pieces in place.

80-60-24 as an NHL coach.

• Upvote 2

cberkas   
48 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Now there is a District Attorney with egg on his or her face.  

Looks like Kyles ex-wife was mad at him after all.

brianvf   

Updated with Miska signing:

CC loses 5 seniors / 19 of their 70 goals (27%) / 45 of their 176 pts (25%)
DU loses 8 seniors / 36 of their 152 goals (23%) / 116 of their 403 pts (28%)
Miami loses 3 seniors / 16 of their 91 goals (17%) / 47 of their 257 pts (18%)
UMD loses 7 seniors & 1 early / 60 of their 140 goals (42%) / 157 of their 371 pts (42%)
UNO loses 3 seniors & 1 early / 46 of their 122 goals (37%) / 119 of their 335 pts (35%)
UND loses 2 seniors & 3 early / 41 of their 127 goals (32%) / 108 of their 336 pts (32%)
SCSU loses 3 seniors & 1 early / 4 of their 105 goals (3%) / 34 of their 290 pts (11%)
WMU loses 8 seniors & 2 early / 65 of their 133 goals (48%) / 156 of their 355 pts (43%)

Doesn't affect the goal/pts numbers, but now Duluth is back to nothing but inexperienced netminders.  Although that worked out fine for them this season...

cberkas   
4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Well, if Mankato signs Hastings for ten years (current whisper), Potulny needs to get some time head coaching before being called up. 

I wonder if Hastings new contract will effect women's hockey team, I looked dup their revenues and they make $1 for women's hockey.

I have to believe that Potulny applied for the Omaha job too. 

cberkas   

DSnEv-MV_normal.jpg The Mayor John Hoven @mayorNHL

Update on LA Kings coaching search - sources tell us mgmt is interested in Denver's Jim Montgomery. He just guided DU to 2017 NCAA title.