SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cberkas

2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

MafiaMan   
16 minutes ago, cberkas said:

George SippleVerified account @GeorgeSipple 3h3 hours ago

Asked @mtuhky_pearson if he wants the @umichhockey job: "At this point I have a job I really enjoy. No one has contacted me from Michigan."

I'm not sure they can contact him until there's an official opening, can they?

cberkas   
3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm not sure they can contact him until there's an official opening, can they?

Not sure, someone like Red would probably asked him unofficially. UND hired Brad within 24 hours of Hakstol leaving, no opening to speak of.

MafiaMan   
1 hour ago, cberkas said:

George SippleVerified account @GeorgeSipple 3h3 hours ago

Asked @mtuhky_pearson if he wants the @umichhockey job: "At this point I have a job I really enjoy. No one has contacted me from Michigan. Hail to the victors valiant.  Hail to the conquer'ing heroes.  Hail!  Hail!  To Michigan...the champions of the west!"

Looks like the initial quote was cut short...not sure if it's anything we should be reading between the lines on though.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

cberkas   

Candidates for the Michigan job:

Michael Spath @MichaelSpathITH 24m24 minutes ago

Hockey coaching candidates (in no order): Brian Wiseman, Billy Powers, Billy Muckalt, Mel Pearson, Enrico Blasi, Nate Leaman, Dave Hakstol.

UNDBIZ   
9 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Hockey coaching candidates (in no order): Brian Wiseman, Billy Powers, Billy Muckalt, Mel Pearson, Enrico Blasi, Nate Leaman, Dave Hakstol.

Sarcastic_Okay.jpg

MafiaMan   
45 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Hockey coaching candidates (in no order):  Mel Pearson, Enrico Blasi, Nate Leaman, Dave Hakstol.

Holy crap if true. 

MafiaMan   
16 minutes ago, cberkas said:

@MafiaMan Muckalt, Powers, and Anastos have to be your top three for the Michigan job. ;)

Bill Muckalt would be a decent choice.  

MafiaMan   
35 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He said Hakstol is looking to going back to coaching college if he's fired.

33 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Hak is already on the chopping block???

Yep.  Philly math.

2 years + 0 championships = 1 head on a platter.

• Upvote 2

cberkas   
7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Bill Muckalt would be a decent choice.  

I'm pulling for Anastos to kill another program in the B1G.

• Upvote 2

cberkas   
2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Yep.  Philly math.

2 years + 0 championships = 1 head on a platter.

Philly math

0-1 to start the season = fire the coach.

• Upvote 1

MafiaMan   
5 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I'm pulling for Anastos to kill another program in the B1G.

Billy Powers deserves an interview as well.  Tom Anastos, however, shouldn't be coaching the Bloomington Jefferson Mites. 

• Upvote 2

Wilbur   

Hak will get one more year in Philly.  He has to make the playoffs or he's gone.  That being said the Flyers need to get him another goal scorer in free agency or a goaltender because finishing above .500 with the group he had isn't a terrible season IMHO. 

And it would help if Gostisbehere got things going the right way again.  People in Philly are ticked that he was a healthy scratch a few times, but you can't be that big of a defensive liability and not score more.

Hak coaching Michigan would be cool though.

• Upvote 2

cberkas   
10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hak will get one more year in Philly.  He has to make the playoffs or he's gone.  That being said the Flyers need to get him another goal scorer in free agency or a goaltender because finishing above .500 with the group he had isn't a terrible season IMHO. 

And it would help if Gostisbehere got things going the right way again.  People in Philly are ticked that he was a healthy scratch a few times, but you can't be that big of a defensive liability and not score more.

It sounds like Mason is gone, so that would open up a spot for Stolarz.

If Hak does go back to college hockey Colorado College has to pull the trigger on him, especially if it's next year.

MafiaMan   
17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It's like we're separated-at-birth twin brothers sometimes, Wilbur.  No way Hextall cans Hak this early as it would be a total indictment of his tenure as GM.

• Upvote 1

MafiaMan   
6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

If Hak does go back to college hockey Colorado College has to pull the trigger on him, especially if it's next year.

@Godsmack

I know someone whose head just exploded.  

• Upvote 2

Godsmack   
40 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It sounds like Mason is gone, so that would open up a spot for Stolarz.

Man, that would be so cool to have Hak in Colorado Springs!

Wilbur   
53 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

It's like we're separated-at-birth twin brothers sometimes, Wilbur.  No way Hextall cans Hak this early as it would be a total indictment of his tenure as GM.

It's make or break for Hextall and Hak next year.  Philly isn't going to be raising any trophies next year, but the postseason would buy Hex and Hak more time. 

petey23   

Hakstol was a serious candidate for Coach of the Year last year, this year they won 39 and lost 33, not horrible but not great.

I am guessing as long as they improve next year he would be safe and if not I wonder what his contract says about collecting 4 Million and going back to coaching college since he currently has 3 years left on his contract.

MafiaMan   
7 hours ago, petey23 said:

Hakstol was a serious candidate for Coach of the Year last year, this year they won 39 and lost 33, not horrible but not great.

I am guessing as long as they improve next year he would be safe and if not I wonder what his contract says about collecting 4 Million and going back to coaching college since he currently has 3 years left on his contract.

Philadelphia's a different beast than most NHL towns though.  "Improvement" means playoffs.  Or else.

• Upvote 1

petey23   
53 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Philadelphia's a different beast than most NHL towns though.  "Improvement" means playoffs.  Or else.

Believe me I am aware. Been a Flyer fan for over 40 years.:):(