Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

MSU lost player Mitch Eliot today...he left for the OHL.
That's so incredibly weak.  Who leaves their team with two months to go in the season?

Same could be said about someone who leaves because he thought he should get pp time.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left because Danton Cole. There were rumblings that he was ruining the NTDP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vermont leads UNH 2-1

UMass beats Lowell 3-0

Minnesota leads Wisconsin 4-1

Michigan Tech beats Bemidji 5-1

Mankato leads UAH 4-1

Northern Michigan beats Alaska 4-1

Michigan beats Michigan State 3-2

Ohio State beats Notre Dame 5-1

St. Cloud beats Miami 4-0

Clarkson and Colgate tied 4-4 OT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone caught this but immediately following Katie Hale’s second intermission interview with CC’s Nick Halloran, she mentioned that CC had brought a contingent to GF to look at the Ralph and the little Betty in TRF as they’re planning on possibly building a new arena on campus. Initially, the plan was to build a new on campus practice facility but the gossip is, the athletic department has been raising much more $ beyond the initial $8-$10 million that was budgeted for a practice arena/athletic center for the students.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Not sure if anyone caught this but immediately following Katie Hale’s second intermission interview with CC’s Nick Halloran, she mentioned that CC had brought a contingent to GF to look at the Ralph and the little Betty in TRF as they’re planning on possibly building a new arena on campus. Initially, the plan was to build a new on campus practice facility but the gossip is, the athletic department has been raising much more $ beyond the initial $8-$10 million that was budgeted for a practice arena/athletic center for the students.  

Are they trying to go with an NHL sheet?

If they do build a new arena for all their game then they can host NCAA regional in Springs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Are they trying to go with an NHL sheet?

If they do build a new arena for all their game then they can host NCAA regional in Springs.

Don’t know but sure hope they go back to playing on the NHL size sheet. I think those Olympic size ice sheets were gimmicky and a passing fad in the ‘90’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Not sure if anyone caught this but immediately following Katie Hale’s second intermission interview with CC’s Nick Halloran, she mentioned that CC had brought a contingent to GF to look at the Ralph and the little Betty in TRF as they’re planning on possibly building a new arena on campus. Initially, the plan was to build a new on campus practice facility but the gossip is, the athletic department has been raising much more $ beyond the initial $8-$10 million that was budgeted for a practice arena/athletic center for the students.  

CC has a very large endowment (>$700 mill) for a small (2000 student) enrollment.  Their campus is close to downtown Colorado Springs too.  The USOC committee, or their associated sports federations and trainers, would probably be a prime renter too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cberkas said:

Are they trying to go with an NHL sheet?

If they do build a new arena for all their game then they can host NCAA regional in Springs.

Sounds like a good excuse to finally get to Colorado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

BU getting torched on the penalty kill! Gaudette with 2 goals tonight. Go Huskies!

I am enjoying that. The NESN guys were foaming at the mouth. Kinda reminds me how some get excited about DU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

BU winning would be better from a pairwise perspective, folks.

Yah, I thought about that but I’d love to see someone other than BU or BC win the Beanpot and NU is such a fun, exciting team to watch! Go Huskies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

BU winning would be better from a pairwise perspective, folks.

I would have gouged an eye out rather than cheer for BU last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×