Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cberkas

2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

348 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Mariucci Arena will be changed to Tampax Arena as the Gofers are typically only good for one period.;)

Lmfao

I thought they were renaming the arena Manila and so they would be known as the Manila Folders.....

5 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

I thought they were renaming the arena Manila and so they would be known as the Manila Folders.....

that's pretty good

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

Oh Minnesota, how it took 9 years to find out someone was stealing from you.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/06/01/fbi-investigates-holck/

Guy was making 94,000 a year and still found a reason to steal from the University. Some people just don't get it. Hope they throw the book at him for pure stupidity.

Kind of feel bad for the Gopher fans (not the obnoxious ones). Most of them just want to watch their teams and school succeed like anyone else, and they just cannot get away from the scandals and drama. Pretty irritating to see this kind of stuff.

37 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So UM doesn't offer an accounting program?:D

Creative accounting for entrepreneurs. He's the star of that class. 

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Guy was making 94,000 a year and still found a reason to steal from the University. Some people just don't get it. 

Well, I think the silver lining is the fact that he wasn't busy getting sloppy drunk and groping any of the female staff or taking cell phone videos of him and his staff trying to have their way with passed-out ticket stubs, so those are pluses...

8 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, I think the silver lining is the fact that he wasn't busy getting sloppy drunk and groping any of the female staff or taking cell phone videos of him and his staff trying to have their way with passed-out ticket stubs, so those are pluses...

Wow Mafia, way to be a glass half full kind of guy. haha, you are correct, those are definitely pluses.

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Montgomery is retuning to Denver. If he wants a NHL head coaching job he better take an NHL assistant job. I don't think he'll ever get a head coaching job in the NHL without being an NHL assistant or a coach in the AHL.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/02/jim-montgomery-staying-denver-pioneers-hockey/

I have to think this means that we see most of the DU players stick around.  From how he made it sound, some were only going pro if he did.
DU will definitely be loaded next year and the pre-season favorite in both the league and NCAA....but as Brendan Morrison from Michigan said...."sometimes the best team doesn't win".  :)

5 hours ago, MissSioux85 said:

Don Granato has left Wisconsin after one season to take an assistant coaching position with the Chicago Blackhawks

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2017/06/15_Don-Granato-Leaves-Wisconsin.php

"We have traction in the sense that we have lots of recruits committed and obviously the turnaround is the turnaround. ... That was a big thing to do and it took all the energy that all three of us had to do it."

He's not kidding!  :D

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Arizona State Withdraws From WCHA Talks

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2017/06/22_Arizona-State-Withdraws-From.php

The BTHC didn't want them.  The NCHC didn't want them.  And now they don't want to be in the WCHA.  Seems to me Arizona St is satisfied playing as an independent in a crappy arena.  Not the start they had probably hoped for when making the move to D1.

Still sounds like they want to be in the NCHC.

53 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Still sounds like they want to be in the NCHC.

Of course they do. However I think they would have taken the WCHA invite if the travel subsidies would not have been on the table, or possibly even less than what the WCHA was demanding. The article basically says as much with its final line: "Arizona State is still believed to be open to discussing things with the WCHA again in the future, if circumstances change."

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Of course they do. However I think they would have taken the WCHA invite if the travel subsidies would not have been on the table, or possibly even less than what the WCHA was demanding. The article basically says as much with its final line: "Arizona State is still believed to be open to discussing things with the WCHA again in the future, if circumstances change."

If you are going to provide travel subsidies of the Alaska schools, you have to do it for Arizona St.  Probably not as much considering Arizna State is in the lover 48, but you would think the WCHA would offer up a little assistance considering their location with the rest of the league.