SiouxSports.com Forum

Memorial Stadium

darell1976

15 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

When I win the powerball I will create an endowment that will eventually be able to fund an indoor stadium with clear ceilings. Need to be indoors in our climate but natural light is a must. 

Your'e just saying that so Goon will agree with you...:D

th?id=OIP.g4cjxjE2Q9PNoX4-iq6XcwEsEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The answer is nobody.  I guess someone can prove me wrong, but I don't think there is any college football stadium in the country that has a hotel, 3+ restaurants/bars, and a waterpark all attached?!!  

I don't think an 18 year kid cares where is parents are staying on game day. if that is a major reason why recruits chose a school, well let's move up to FBS and take on Bama.

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

Would go about as well as SDSU's attendance after October.  6K for their home playoff game and there weren't even that many.

As far as Memorial goes, it will be in a pile of rubble before anything happens to that site.  The building is crumbling.  

I agree - Memorial is a disaster.  Our No.1 priority needs to be completing Phase II of the HPC.  We have to get the locker room and coaches offices out of that dump.  The players and coaches deserve better and it would certainly help with recruiting.   

The quickest way to address this is if Memorial would be condemned (a possibility in the next year or so)!  That would force the issue.....  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I agree - Memorial is a disaster.  Our No.1 priority needs to be completing Phase II of the HPC.  We have to get the locker room and coaches offices out of that dump.  The players and coaches deserve better and it would certainly help with recruiting.   

The quickest way to address this is if Memorial would be condemned (a possibility in the next year or so)!  That would force the issue.....  

So what you're saying is someone needs to have an "accident" at Memorial Stadium.  I'll get Paully and Fat Tony to check it out!

26 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I don't think an 18 year kid cares where is parents are staying on game day. if that is a major reason why recruits chose a school, well let's move up to FBS and take on Bama.

Thanks, we are all dumber now for reading your 2 cents - 

• Downvote 1

i've said this before but there needs to be a visual display of what has been raised to finish the hpc and what is needed to finish it either inside the hpc main entrance or outside with the old fashioned "thermostat" visual...plus have pics inside the hpc to show what phase 2 would look like to whoo the donors and whatnot...

anyone really know what we have versus what we need raised so far?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i've said this before but there needs to be a visual display of what has been raised to finish the hpc and what is needed to finish it either inside the hpc main entrance or outside with the old fashioned "thermostat" visual...plus have pics inside the hpc to show what phase 2 would look like to whoo the donors and whatnot...

anyone really know what we have versus what we need raised so far?

I'd wait before doing anything to the HPC/IPF, the moment UND says they will be starting Phase II the twins will be out spreading their add women's hockey message. The school should wait until the fall before really starting to raise the money. Just best to stay out of the limelight for a little while.

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

I'd wait before doing anything to the HPC/IPF, the moment UND says they will be starting Phase II the twins will be out spreading their add women's hockey message. The school should wait until the fall before really starting to raise the money. Just best to stay out of the limelight for a little while.

The arrogance of the "twins" and this entire WIH sh*tshow shouldn't delay funding for the HPC. I agree that a public announcement of any kind should be delayed for a few months, though. All in all, if this ridiculous, illogical situation regarding WIH affects HPC phase II funding, then UND will need to go on the offensive (release the numbers and stand by them) in order to protect their core DI sports, in this case football. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The arrogance of the "twins" and this entire WIH sh*tshow shouldn't delay funding for the HPC. I agree that a public announcement of any kind should be delayed for a few months, though. All in all, if this ridiculous, illogical situation regarding WIH affects HPC phase II funding, then UND will need to go on the offensive in order to protect their core DI sports, in this case football. 

If someone gives UND for  Phase II just don't say anything about until the time is right.

1 minute ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Why do the Lamoreaux twins get to tell private donors what to do with their money?  They are not that important.

They don't, but you can see the moment Faison or Kennedy says they have the funding to finish Phase II the twins and all their followers will come out saying that should go to bring back the women's hockey team. The HPC needs to get done.

• Upvote 1

The funds for the HPC are privately donated, that's the difference here. The twins wouldn't have a leg to stand on, becuse UND athletics sure as hell won't be a privately funded organization. We're already doing that for men's golf and even that sits funny with me. 

• Upvote 1