Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AJS

One Week Later

Recommended Posts

It must say something when they show highlights of UND women's hockey all you see is empty seats and maybe 3 people in a whole section. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside the Lines:  Fabled women's program....Did you know the team was practicing when the decision came down?  And there was a recruit on campus....also lumped in the USA hockey story.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heidi Heitkamp comparing the women's team to the men's 8 national titles. "women's hockey needs more time". You haven't won any title in 15 years of existence, how much time do you need Heidi. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darell1976 said:

Heidi Heitkamp comparing the women's team to the men's 8 national titles. "women's hockey needs more time". You haven't won any title in 15 years of existence, how much time do you need Heidi. 

totally glossed over the giant elephant in the room.....2 million dollars a year!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob Ley did bring up the $1.9m yearly deficit and asked if this was a sustainable model.  Heitkamp says the sport is new and that it needs to be given more time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

Bob Ley did bring up the $1.9m yearly deficit and asked if this was a sustainable model.  Heitkamp says the sport is new and that it needs to be given more time.

i meant heidi...2 millions dollars...just give it time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of a mini-segment for Women's Hockey as it was sandwiched in between the hiring of Patrick Ewing at G'Town segment and a piece on Ernie Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Did you know ESPN refuses to spend a few grand to send a crew to with NCAA WIH championship?  Beyond that, they refuse to give up a couple hours of Sportscenter reruns on ESPN 8 to even air the game?  Women's fencing championship coverage? Yep.  Women's bowling championship coverage?  Yep.  Women's hockey?  Nope, CBS Sports can have that tax write-off.  But we (ESPN) are going to pretend to support you now.

yeah but, espn has a spelling bee to cover this time of year....  because that's sports, and stuff.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

yeah but, espn has a spelling bee to cover this time of year....  because that's sports, and stuff.  

Don't forget the double-dutch jump roping championships.:)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Heidi Heitkamp comparing the women's team to the men's 8 national titles. "women's hockey needs more time". You haven't won any NCAA playoff games in 15 years of existence, how much time do you need Heidi. 

FYP 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual I was impressed with Bob Ley. He usually at least tries to give both sides of a story light. It was funny when he dropped that 1.9 million vs 35k tidbit with Heitkamp and she tap danced around it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

totally glossed over the giant elephant in the room.....2 million dollars a year!!!!

Everybody keeps saying this but I read an article this week and was surprised to find out that football lost $2.9 million this year... I get it, football has a ton more potential than women's hockey but I was still surprised by that number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Everybody keeps saying this but I read an article this week and was surprised to find out that football lost $2.9 million this year... I get it, football has a ton more potential than women's hockey but I was still surprised by that number

You reading the Lamoureux Times?  No they didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Is he adding the direct institutional support?  That is a separate area.  Maybe that is how he got final numbers.

He excluded it for all sports. Makes the numbers look worse obviously.

Not sure I agree his method but it is arguable. It's more than likely a combination of "earned" and "unearned" revenue. Things like work study and mandated tuition waivers are included in there as are things like unrestricted funds and unrestricted endowment funds directed by the University.

The NCAA report is very useful, however it also has a significant amount of revenues and expenses that are unallocated and is by no means perfect. Wish more schools would make it public...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×