SiouxSports.com Forum

Reinvestment into Football Program

UND-FB-FAN

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Maybe cut football to fund hockey at a "Dynasty Level"(Copyright IHTINB)

Maybe that's why they cut womens hockey, time to convert those locker rooms.

Those "napping couches" in the hangout area just isn't cutting it.

25 minutes ago, Old Time Hockey said:

How many total season tickets sold in total?  How much do they cost?

Not sure, looking at ticketmaster it appears around 4,500-5,000.  Season tickets are $80-$95, not including any Champions Club $$.  The vast majority of seats sold are in the $95 plus CC donation sections.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, Siouxperman8 said:

Got a note from Bubba a few days ago that we have sold 475 new season tickets since last year.  That's a nice number for this time of year.  Any extra butts in the seats means extra $$.

It will help for atmosphere and to keep building the program but at $80/season ticket it won't be enough money to raise salaries.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, Cratter said:

Oddly, I've also had that thought. I'm surprised there isn't a massive attached luxury building for them there yet.

They already have their own on demand chef.

Perhaps they could use a room from the new med school building for their luxury lounge as it looks a little over built and we'd be getting the state to flip  the bill there

11 hours ago, Milford torgerson said:

It will help for atmosphere and to keep building the program but at $80/season ticket it won't be enough money to raise salaries.

But the $3 million saved by cutting women's hockey will be enough ...

EDIT: What do those Champion Club members give in addition? Key question.

10 hours ago, Milford torgerson said:

But if those people weren't Champion Club members, you also get that extra money.  Plus I believe they are increasing the money required for each level of the club. 

10 hours ago, tnt said:

But if those people weren't Champion Club members, you also get that extra money.  Plus I believe they are increasing the money required for each level of the club. 

These increased season ticket sales may grow into something but they need to charge more and require champions club membership,  I'm sure that is the plan going forward and it'll help a lot if we get another strong season out of the team as people won't be as likely to jump ship because of an increase in the next years fees.

7 hours ago, Old Time Hockey said:

Season tickets @ less than $100 per seat????  No wonder they lost $2.3 million last year.

Football?
Five home games. $20 per seat. $100 at gate. 
Buy the season ticket, get a break. 

Hockey?
21 home dates (counting 2 exhibitions). $20 per seat. $420 at gate.
Buy the season ticket, get a break. 

The problem with football (all, not just UND)? Big rosters, few home gates.