SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR

Pearson's Hockey Bus

We just got back early Monday morning after the FF (took the Amtrak).  Chicago was fun, probably about as fun as Boston, but nowhere near as fun as Tampa.  St. Paul is always fun, since it's a lot more familiar, so I'm already looking forward to next year!

My take: 

The UC took down all the Bulls stuff from inside, but was left up the Blackhawks banners.  Found this odd, but the trophies and statues for Mike and boys were still in the hallways and outside.  The UC is a decent building, but definitely showing its age.  I think it would be a lot more fun for a pro event, as there were a ton of neat little bar areas around the arena.  The $4.75 bottles of Culligan water were a bit much, but it's an arena...

Games were good and competitive, outside of Denver v Notre Dame, so that was a plus.  The "near west" neighborhood just east of the arena had some fun bars before and after the games.  The "west loop" neighborhood where we stayed had great restaurants, but very little hockey feel.  Met a number of new people and saw a bunch of the usual suspects.  A Boston guy wanted to give us some ribbing about the offsides, and I just told him "It's as simple as this; indisputable evidence does not take 8 minutes to find." He kind of scrunched up his face in thought, nodded, and said "Yep. I wouldn't have been mad if they counted it."  We got along fine after that ;) 

Best Denver turnout we've seen for any game.  This was the only Notre Dame game all season where they took the bus.  If they'd have beat Denver (wasn't happening), Saturday would've been a lot more full of a house.  Heard some good rumors about players leaving early, so I'll be interested to see if they're true (cough*Miska*cough).

• 4 months later...

Ok, next total solar eclipse is on April 8, 2024,     Dallas, Indianapolis, Buffalo, and Cleveland are in the path.  Some of you movers and shakers need to make the Frozen Four happen then,  oh snap it's a Monday, well it won't be easy but you can do it...  (Rob Schneider imitation)