SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR

Pearson's Hockey Bus

Dawgs-Pioneer final...good for the NCHC....

Flopping, spearing, diving is a part of all college team cultures...True also for UND going back to the days of Gino...some of you need to get off your 'high horses' re: UMD-a couple weeks ago!!!!

• Downvote 12

2 minutes ago, John W. said:

Flopping, spearing, diving is a part of all college team cultures...True also for UND going back to the days of Gino...some of you need to get off your 'high horses' re: UMD-a couple weeks ago!!!!

Part of all college team cultures? What are you smoking? We get it, your a Bulldog lover, fine, but it's absurd if you think it's ok. :silly:

4 minutes ago, John W. said:

Are un-called dirty season ending hits from behind also part of the college game? 

No no wonder why we have guys leaving early.

How about blatant runs on a goalie that can't defend himself? 

I say F Duluth and F sandelin. Hope they fail miserably tonight.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND1981 said:

Go Haaahhhvard.  Beat up on Pionk and Totinato.

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

That will only result in the game turning into the diving championships.

Great.  Two more athletes who couldn't come to UND because of sports cuts.

• Upvote 3

I'm over it.

Did UMD cross the line in the NCHC final. Yep.

Has UND ever done the same? Yep.

Have WCHA/NCHC refs ever failed to do their job before? Too many times to remember.

I haven't really looked at UMD as a dirty program and only recently has the diving become an issue. I think they watched the physical play by both teams in the UND vs. Denver game and probably their captains put it in guys ears that "we" can't let them push us around like that and they came out a little over hyped to play physical and then Anderson and crew did nothing to reign it in and the game got out of control.

I am pulling for a UMD vs. Denver final and not even sure who I would want to win that matchup. The UMD game in Minneapolis is still a little raw but as I said I am mostly over it and I don't really want Denver getting #8 until we have hung #9 in the rafters.

Sorry, after Duluth pulled the dirty plays out of the bag in the championship, I can't pull for them.  Think about it, 1st series we play against them Soucy takes out Boesser.  He had to sit for a while after he tried gutting out a series in Minneapolis to follow.  Second series we play them Soucy takes out Jost.  Then the championship game because Soucy is out, Pionk takes out Tucker and for good measure, runs Cam.  For one minute, you can't tell me this is coincidence.  I thought they took out a few other players this year too.  If that is what you have to do to win, then watch out next year, paybacks are a bugger. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Sorry, after Duluth pulled the dirty plays out of the bag in the championship, I can't pull for them.  Think about it, 1st series we play against them Soucy takes out Boesser.  He had to sit for a while after he tried gutting out a series in Minneapolis to follow.  Second series we play them Soucy takes out Jost.  Then the championship game because Soucy is out, Pionk takes out Tucker and for good measure, runs Cam.  For one minute, you can't tell me this is coincidence.  I thought they took out a few other players this year too.  If that is what you have to do to win, then watch out next year, paybacks are a bugger. 

Not to argue your point but Pionk didn't take out Tucker....it was old man Kotyk. He is a 25 year old Junior, turns 26 in August(that is Steve Debus territory)

13 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Not that it matters much but believe it was Kotyk that ran Poolman.