SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR

Pearson's Hockey Bus

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Will be interesting to see how many of them leave early. Winning a National Title always seems to expedite departures.

Not to mention Montgomery. If he got looks last year, his stock is very high.  Already three NHL teams with interim coaches, so who knows. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxFanatic said:

Will be interesting to see how many of them leave early. Winning a National Title always seems to expedite departures.

They always win back-to-back titles.

9 Seniors gone.

Terry, Borgstrom, Gambrell, and Jaillet are my early departures.

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

It could easly be BU against Denver too.  

Sorry, but UND was nowhere near being consistently the 3rd best team in the country this year.

I'd say the UND I saw in Fargo was as good as anyone. Consistency wasn't there the full year though.  I agree with you there, some weeks we looked like complete garbage.

Although I wasn't pulling for them, Duluth looked a lot like a lot of UND teams in the third, taking the body, very aggressive.  If some of those FF's had been officiated like tonight's game was, Hak would have gotten his title about ten years ago.  Duluth could have spent a lot more time in the box.

Also, besides the running-the-goalie thing, Pionk looks like a heck of a player.

9 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Mike Max on WCCO in twin cities just talked about Lukazivich scoring three goals to match his coach Tim Montgomery.   Got two names wrong in one sentence.  Ugh.

Well, in his defense, "Maxie" was handed a sheet of paper with some notes on it.  He had no clue there was a hockey game going on tonight.  And, yes, the other folks on set actually call him that.

I don't know that Montgomery will get an  NHL offer. What happened to Hak is so rare there are no living coaches who have gone straight from an NCAA head coach to an NHL head coach and if I were Montgomery, I wouldn't leave for anything less considering the job security of successful NCAA coaches. 

• Upvote 2