Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
UND92

UND to cut women's hockey

Recommended Posts

7 Gophers, former or current, named to US National Women's Team......out of 23 selected....almost 1/3 of total....

Glad  to see many UND players and recruits have found new homes....Cutting a sport at one small school does not mean the "Death Knell" for the sport...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, John W. said:

Dear "Management"....Thx for the answer on the site name...it was an honest inquiry...With regard to trolling....I find this site the most informative about UND sports...my honest opinion is that I don't like the direction UND hockey has taken after Dean left....how is that different from the "Fire Brian Jones" thread or the rants against Muss....

Those individuals have a right to express their opinions, just as I should be granted the opportunity to express my opinion about the Hak regime....

Private enterprise has a right to stifle free speech....but that is kind of the antithesis of what forums/blogs are intended to provide...open discourse of opinions!!!!

 

 

 

What direction did the hockey team take? String of conference regular season and post season titles? Consistently in the running for a National Championship? Attracting high end talent for many years?

 

Could you please give me detail?

Thanks

 

*non-management

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 9:36 PM, The Sicatoka said:

It's how I let people know what was said was said as a Moderator.

Oh, I completely get that part.  I was just noticing how many times you say "Signed," before signing something other than The Management.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southpaw said:

Oh, I completely get that part.  I was just noticing how many times you say "Signed," before signing something other than The Management.

Oh, you mean for the snarky, cynical, humorous effect, like: 

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/14045-committed-sioux-recruits/?page=190#comment-949121 
or 
http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/24699-2017-2018-college-hockey-non-und-hockey/?page=4#comment-948386
or 
http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/24705-sioux-falls-regional-yes/?page=2#comment-948450 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I fixed your formatting and alignment issues. ;) 

I see what you did there...nicely done.  I tweaked my post even more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Breaking News out of Dickinson:

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sports/blue-hawks/4264154-stanton-dsu-athletic-director-baseball-and-golf-programs-cut

WOMEN'S GOLF HAS BEEN CUT AT DSU !  

tumblr_mdcr6s7fAQ1rwl09fo1_500.gif

(along with men's golf and baseball but who cares?)

shouldn't there be a mob of people with pitchforks and torches? instead of having the civil rights people on UND's campus, why dont they just do the whole NDSUS system? ya know, to save some time...

Signed:
Non-Management

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cberkas said:

I see JDeMolee got a rise out of Sioux football insider on twitter, but can't see it.

Most of her posts in the past were terribly uninformed and lacking any sense, especially for someone who worked at UND. Nice that she's made them unreadable, as it saves me the frustration. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Most of her posts in the past were terribly uninformed and lacking any sense, especially for someone who worked at UND. Nice that she's made them unreadable, as it saves me the frustration. 

I remember seeing her earlier ones. What got from the replies is that football shouldn't pay their coaches and support the women's hockey team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cberkas said:

I see JDeMolee got a rise out of Sioux football insider on twitter, but can't see it.

Soooo...which one is it?  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Most of her posts in the past were terribly uninformed and lacking any sense, especially for someone who worked at UND. Nice that she's made them unreadable, as it saves me the frustration. 

She was in a class with me early on @ UND. Was obvious back then that common sense wasn't very common with her.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you suddenly need to make your account private, you have probably said some stupid sh*t.  Those kind of comments are why the majority of people dislike WH and don't feel bad for them.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've said that well, UND1.....that's what I missed about UND M hockey,,when Blaise left....it went from being fun...with a touch of humility....to 'arrogance..and it's all about me' with the subsequent regime....(one who could never win  the big one....never has ... as a player or coach....and never will....the 'ice may be getting thin in Philly)

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, John W. said:

You've said that well, UND1.....that's what I missed about UND M hockey,,when Blaise left....it went from being fun...with a touch of humility....to 'arrogance..and it's all about me' with the subsequent regime....(one who could never win  the big one....never has ... as a player or coach....and never will....the 'ice may be getting thin in Philly)

SiouxSports.com in the year 2047:

"Boy, grab a seat on Grampa's lap and let me tell you about how Hakstol could never win the championship at UND..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

SiouxSports.com in the year 2047:

"Boy, grab a seat on Grampa's lap and let me tell you about how Hakstol could never win the championship at UND..."

"But Grandpa, we have won 15 National Championships since Hakstol was a coach here.  Does that really matter anymore?" :D

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

"But Grandpa, we have won 15 National Championships since Hakstol was a coach here.  Does that really matter anymore?" :D

To the folks to spit tacks when they hear the name "Hakstol," yes.  

Back on topic, has women's hockey been reinstated yet?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 12, 2017 at 8:36 AM, MafiaMan said:

To the folks to spit tacks when they hear the name "Hakstol," yes.  

Back on topic, has women's hockey been reinstated yet?  

If the length of this thread is an indication, it is back stronger than ever. More activity in this thread than there was in all the WIH threads for the previous 4 years total!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, John W. said:

You've said that well, UND1.....that's what I missed about UND M hockey,,when Blaise left....it went from being fun...with a touch of humility....to 'arrogance..and it's all about me' with the subsequent regime....(one who could never win  the big one....never has ... as a player or coach....and never will....the 'ice may be getting thin in Philly)

Are you kidding me with that garbage post? Hakstol brought a new level of hockey to the program and with that, he brought a lot of NHL talent. Hakstol was/is not arrogant, I have no idea where you would think that. Also, why would the ice be "thin" in Philly? They had a huge roster problem before he got there and they are in the midst of changing it up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, zonadub said:

If the length of this thread is an indication, it is back stronger than ever. More activity in this thread than there was in all the WIH threads for the previous 4 years total!

And about 1000 of those comments are people high fiving each other over being right about their predictions and/or how glad they are that the sport is gone. Another 500 comments are from people criticizing the twins or Brad Schlossman. Then the remaining 200 or so comments are from people who actually liked women's hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×