SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

4 hours ago, AJS said:

And here we have the "boutique" statement in quotes. I really have no problem with that characterization, because it's true, but has it ever been sourced?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AJS said:

UND is like NHL for women? The team won no championships. It's not like we were a powerhouse at women's hockey that would be the next state over.

On 4/24/2017 at 3:17 PM, SJHovey said:

The Lamoureux family's  contributions to North Dakota hockey certainly exceed, by miles, the contributions of anyone on this board.  I think its time to stop ripping them.  Just my two cents.

On 4/24/2017 at 4:33 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

zero natty's.

On 4/24/2017 at 9:00 PM, geaux_sioux said:

I'm not sure about anyone else on here but I have more titles under my belt than they do. 

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

We're talking the twins since they've been eating their own feet for lunch lately.

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Don't have a clue

For those of you that can't follow the entire thread. SJHovey talked about the contributions of the entire family, not just the twins. Several of you ignored that part of his statement and just made it about your argument. The entire Lamoureux family has been an important part of the UND Athletics family for many years, probably longer than some of you have been alive. And I'm guessing that the Lamoureux family has more national titles than anyone on this board.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

For those of you that can't follow the entire thread. SJHovey talked about the contributions of the entire family, not just the twins. Several of you ignored that part of his statement and just made it about your argument. The entire Lamoureux family has been an important part of the UND Athletics family for many years, probably longer than some of you have been alive. And I'm guessing that the Lamoureux family has more national titles than anyone on this board.

Well, they motherf'd*cked the hell out of UND, the AD, and the President incessantly over the past month.  So they can take their two titles and go pound sand.  

We were just fine before they got to UND and this past year showed we're still doing pretty damn good after them.  Vamoose.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Isn't it the Office of Civil Rights?  So, it should be OCR?  Just sayin'...

Upon further review, it seems to be OCR.  I don't know where I saw ORC from...

Between this and the grammar is been a rough week for me on this board. It might be time for a vacation :lol:

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Upon further review, it seems to be OCR.  I don't know where I saw ORC from...

Between this and the grammar is been a rough week for me on this board. It might be time for a vacation :lol:

Don't feel bad....Brad Eliot referred to it as the ORC in his Heraldo article the other day.

5 hours ago, Big Green said:

Anyone the downplays what the Lamoureux twins did for the women’s program is an idiot.  The program was garbage before they got here.  They were the sole reason the program was relevant in women hockey.  Idalski failed to get the program to the next level.

UND made the right call by dropping the program and the Twins should either come up with a realistic solution or stop the complaining. 

I agree with you, however, they are not the demigods that some make them to be.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Average of 909 per match. Reminds me of the attendance of a women's hockey program that just got cut. More people crying out to save it but not willing to show up in the seats, pathetic.

8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Average of 909 per match. Reminds me of the attendance of a women's hockey program that just got cut. More people crying out to save it but not willing to show up in the seats, pathetic.

If the players were paid more, the fans would come.... right?

• Upvote 2