SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

14 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Why doesn't Mr. Chipman send a check for the $60M? He's supposedly worth $500M. Put your money where your mouth is or shut it.

Anyone, alum or not, can call/write UND to bitch/praise anything they want to.

Somehow Chip needs to write out a big check if he wants to voice an opinion?

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I love on Facebook a woman said UND should've kept Women's hockey and not have spent the money on a new medical school. Women's hockey > academics.:lol:

She'd better hope she never gets sick because I'm not sure a good powerplay cures cancer. 

• Upvote 1

so is the elephant in the country going to finally be addressed.....

as someone fiddled while Rome burned, will USA go down the toilet as everyone watches sports....    to be fair by, by sports I am referring to all activities that people subscribe to in order to avoid the drudgery of their own existence...

2 hours ago, VMeister said:

Anyone, alum or not, can call/write UND to bitch/praise anything they want to.

Somehow Chip needs to write out a big check if he wants to voice an opinion?

No but money talks and bull$%!# walks. Or more precisely money pays the bills and pissing and moaning doesn't usually get you very far.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

as someone fiddled while Rome burned, will USA go down the toilet as everyone watches sports....    to be fair by, by sports I am referring to all activities that people subscribe to in order to avoid the drudgery of their own existence...

More broadly, when is the exaltation of victimhood going to stop? That's what today's Humanities professors have been exclaiming for years with their cultural Marxism religion they borrowed from the U of Stuttgart. WIH players still have ample opps in the Marxist / femiNazi bastion that is Minnesota.  Next they will demand a pro league paid for by taxpayers.

It's those Stuttgart scholars who started the nonsense that only people in the majority groups (i.E. Male, white, Christian) can be racist because they were born privileged.  Now whole universities have staff full of that nonsense.  Women, Muslims, and people of any shade of color can't be racist because they are not members of a privileged class.  So WIH is without question a victim of racist and gender privilege according to them.  Someone that claims it is transsexual or Islamic has to be right because they were so underprivileged and always had aggressions against them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I love on Facebook a woman said UND should've kept Women's hockey and not have spent the money on a new medical school. Women's hockey > academics.:lol:

Haha. The Medical School even runs on a completely seperate budget than the rest of the U. I heard there were projects cut out due to cuts.

The new building is actually helping alot by opening up the old one to other departments allowing the old outdated buildings to be taken off line/demolished. Deferred maintance were racking up on those buildings, probably at a lower cost per year of WIH tho.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Frequent visits to Siouxsports.com will stave off the end of civilization.

14 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

What you are describing is the "bread and circuses" that precluded the fall of Rome. 

It's been explored more recently as well here: "Beer and Circus: How Big-Time College Sports Is Crippling Undergraduate Education"

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What you are describing is the "bread and circuses" that precluded the fall of Rome. 

It's been explored more recently as well here: "Beer and Circus: How Big-Time College Sports Is Crippling Undergraduate Education"

Yes but expanding it to pertain to US society as a whole....    I am way out of my depth here but random thoughts sometimes escape...

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Yes but expanding it to pertain to US society as a whole....   

You must've missed where I said "precluded the fall of Rome." 

As I've said to PCM at times: "Welcome to Rome, stand by for the fall." 

2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

So do you have a solution, plan, or just a good seat....  lol

2f9.jpg

Not to get all Jeffersonian, but, we've lost our virtue. Incremental changes can't restore that. 

"[In a republic, according to Montesquieu in Spirit of the Laws, IV,ch.5,] 'virtue may be defined as the love of the laws and of our country. ... Everything, therefore, depends on establishing this love in a republic; and to inspire it ought to be the principal business of education; ... " -- Thomas Jefferson