SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

16 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Minnesota has enough problems of its own...like making sure Tom McGinnis gets the school and nickname correct when handing out NCAA hockey trophies.

He has been out done by the president of Michigan State. 

Michigan State's president said Jim Montgomery won a national title as a player at Denver.

8 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Could it be because the majority of people just don't care?  They've had their 15 minutes and people are now moving on...

It could very well be but with what's gone on around here the past few years on that campus can you blame me for being fearful of a shoe dropping?

13 hours ago, Brucesky02 said:

plies to bigger sports that can make money. As the stats from the U of M have shown, in no way are most major universities profiting off of 2nd and 3rd tier sports. An interesting tidbit is that even the NCAA wasn't profiting off of those sports' championships. The financials on the NCAA championships almost exactly mirror what you'll see at most any major school - the only championships to turn profits are football, men's basketball, and...ice hockey.

I believe this whole message board should be celebrating.  Our fanbase made ice hockey's title game profitable.  That shows that our fanbase is bigger than every non-basketball/football fanbase.  (And few basketball or football fanbases are bigger)

13 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sidebar: I saw the rules about booting you off if no one takes the "volunteer your seat" offer yesterday. 

If they boot you, if they get you there 1-2 hours late (versus original arrival time) they owe you 2x the price of your ticket.
If they boot you, and if they get you there more than 2 hours late (versus original arrival time) they owe you at least 4x the price of your ticket! 

13 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sidebar: I saw the rules about booting you off if no one takes the "volunteer your seat" offer yesterday. 

If they boot you, if they get you there 1-2 hours late (versus original arrival time) they owe you 2x the price of your ticket.
If they boot you, and if they get you there more than 2 hours late (versus original arrival time) they owe you at least 4x the price of your ticket! 

the throw in a good dragging for free

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

My take: Looks like grasping at straws.

Hard to claim sexism when UND has cut 3 mens sports and 2 womens sports in the past two years and it could be 4 in a year or so.

They're grasping at something.

I don't see what their claim is in their reply to Kennedy's letter. It's hard to support/agree with someone when the thing they are upset about isn't there. I'd like to hear their plain on how to fund the women's hockey team.

They have some free time and $70.000 each now, this feels like there will be more coming.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I don't see what their claim is in their reply to Kennedy's letter. It's hard to support/agree with someone when the thing they are upset about isn't there. I'd like to hear their plain on how to fund the women's hockey team.

They have some free time and $70.000 each now, this feels like there will be more coming.

They need to stay relevant so they can sell their shirts

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I actually asked her on twitter where the word boutique was in the letter?  Lets see if she replies? 

• Upvote 4