SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

57 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

WowZa. Whine and fuss all you want on social media, but these girls are taking it to a new level. 

Put the emotions aside and look at the numbers, inform-ya-self.

I find those signs hostile and abusive but I bet they show up in a tweet from a local sportswriter as further punishment to UND. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

I completely understand the Lammy twins position on this issue but please.............................

#giveitarest

Thank you.

I am so sick of hearing them talk about everything related to women's hockey constantly.  Becoming white noise.  Go away for a little bit, take a break.  Something.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Thank you.

I am so sick of hearing them talk about everything related to women's hockey constantly.  Becoming white noise.  Go away for a little bit, take a break.  Something.  

I'm fine if they do it, as there is no incentive/reason for me to follow them on the twitter.  They're just 2 people whose opinions mean no more than anyone else's on the issue, as far as I'm concerned.  The annoying part is Schloss retweeting everything, so I've unfollowed him.

• Upvote 2

Sounds like people want Schlossman fired and anyone who disagrees with the decision silenced. Sorry, this isn't Iran or North Korea, it doesn't work that way here.

I agreed with the cuts and recognize they are necessary. But to expect the people negatively impacted to be happy about it and to keep their mouths shut about it is pure wishful thinking. There is no law that says anyone has to like it.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Sounds like people want Schlossman fired and anyone who disagrees with the decision silenced. Sorry, this isn't Iran or North Korea, it doesn't work that way here.

I agreed with the cuts and recognize they are necessary. But to expect the people negatively impacted to be happy about it and to keep their mouths shut about it is pure wishful thinking. There is no law that says anyone has to like it.

Who said he should be fired?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Most just want him or anyone from the Herald to report the numbers.  

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I did not call for his firing. Instead I pointed out his half truth reporting. 

6 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Can't waste money on something like this. Does anyone know why woman's hockey was added in the first place? Unless they add checking to the game it's not the same game.

And Schloss really needs to stop. It's rather embarrassing how the ones against this cut have responded. Grow up. Nothing is free in this world. The state told them they would need to cut their athletic budget. They had no choice. Woman's hockey is the most obvious and best choice.

And the lammy twins need to give it a rest. Complaining about this, wanting more money for the Olympics, and asking people to buy their t shirt to fund their family's free vacation to south Korea. 

This...

21 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Can't waste money on something like this. Does anyone know why woman's hockey was added in the first place? Unless they add checking to the game it's not the same game.

And Schloss really needs to stop. It's rather embarrassing how the ones against this cut have responded. Grow up. Nothing is free in this world. The state told them they would need to cut their athletic budget. They had no choice. Woman's hockey is the most obvious and best choice.

And the lammy twins need to give it a rest. Complaining about this, wanting more money for the Olympics, and asking people to buy their t shirt to fund their family's free vacation to south Korea. 

Again, I agreed with the decisions made this week. But nobody "needs" to "give it a rest". When you make controversial and/or unpopular decisions like this, you will have a backlash. That is why they hired a Title IX consultant. Kennedy and Faison probably understand and accept that. But very few people on this forum seem to understand it.

I do think Schlossman should be a little more careful about his choice of words (calling someone a moron isn't a good idea). But again, he is not obligated to agree with anything. Wayne Nelson whined and complained for weeks about baseball being cut last year, but he didn't get nearly as much grief as Schlossman is getting right now.

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

What about 97-99?! Back-to-back-to-back national champions! If they won by less than 30 points it was disappointing.

I remember as a young tyke thinking that they might be better than the men! :lol:

Many fans went to the Women's game and stayed for just part of the men.  They played exciting basketball and drew fun crowds/

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

this is the part that is really pissing me off...the lammy family probably paid zero dollars in tuition for any of their kids (boy or girl) and when the twins were in the olympics last time they had their stupid ass fund raiser to "help" pay their way to where ever the last olympcis were....

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Fired?  What?  

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

NO one wants him fired.  Its his lack of reporting both sides of the issue.  He retweets people calling Kennedy a moron but doesn't go into the actual reasons why the program had to be cut.  He has the right to his opinion and to be mad about the decision.  But he also has a duty as a journalist that covers the program to present the facts.  He isn't doing that, and that is why people are disappointed with him.  

Perfect summation.  Thank you.