SiouxSports.com Forum

PyeongChang 2018

ArchyAlum11

5 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

So I get that we still have about a year till the the 2018 winter games, but though I would create this thread for any talk about the games, especially since it looks like the NHL will not be playing in the games.

The NHL has said they are not going, but owners have said they can't stop their players from going.

3 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Read that NBC Sports is committed on covering Hockey LIVE  and South Korea is 13 or 14 hours ahead.  Get set for some 2:00am Hockey Viewing, folks.

More than likely there will be shown live and replayed later, I thought this happened somewhat with Sochi, if NBC doesn't rebroadcast you will see them on NHL Network I would have to think.

• 4 months later...

NHL: Players under contract in minors can’t go to Olympics

https://www.apnews.com/621a597894634e8f8e703b8197b403bb/NHL:-Players-under-contract-in-minors-can't-go-to-Olympics?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

The league announced in April it wouldn’t be stopping its season to go to the Olympics for the first time since 1994, but questions had remained about players in the American Hockey League and ECHL

“A decision has been made that all players under NHL contract will be subject to similar treatment,” Daly said.

This means players signed to two-way NHL contracts or who are loaned to minor league affiliates by their clubs won’t be available to the United States, Canada or other national teams. The AHL said earlier this summer that general managers could decide to allow players on AHL contracts to play in South Korea.

The U.S. team is expected to be made up of a mix of current college players, those on AHL deals and professionals playing in European leagues. Canada, as it showed with rosters for two exhibition tournaments in Russia this week, will lean heavily on European-based players with others mixed in.

• Like 1