SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL 2017-2018 Season

MafiaMan

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Are the Vikings ready to give him $150 million for 5 years and nearly $100 million in guaranteed money?

Keenum isn't going to play for less than about $24M/year and a vintage signed Moss jersey.

22 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

This off-season will be very interesting for QB. Cousins, Foles or Wentz, Keenum, Bridgewater, Bradford, maybe (but doubtfully) Brees are all FAs or trade bait. Plus there's the draft. 

I hope the Vikings don't try and go after Brees (doubtfully leaves NO), too old. They have done that before.

40 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I hope the Vikings don't try and go after Brees (doubtfully leaves NO), too old. They have done that before.

Brees isn't going anywhere

He will retire a Saint and be the modern day Archie Manning for what he has done for that city. 

15 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Brees isn't going anywhere

He will retire a Saint and be the modern day Archie Manning for what he has done for that city. 

About the only way I see him coming here is if the Vikings hire their TE coach and even then I find it very unlikely. Personally, I hope they sign Keenum. All of the other options have greater risks and/or larger price tags. 

14 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Yet another "He was a backup in NE.  Seriously, he backed up Tom Brady.  Pay this man like he is Tom Brady!"  I think I saw this show in KC a few years ago...

I think this will be different, he is a lot better than Cassel.  But they think he is the guy so they have to pay accordingly.

if he delivers, it will be an absolute steal.  Niners will compete for a playoff spot and might be a threat in the division. Lots of questions in. Seattle and Arizona and who knows if the Rams can repeat what they did.

The issue is now Cousins will see this and say (I’ve put up big numbers and this guy get a big contract for 6 games of work?  Well then, I going for $150 million) 

21 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Yet another "He was a backup in NE.  Seriously, he backed up Tom Brady.  Pay this man like he is Tom Brady!"  I think I saw this show in KC a few years ago...

As a Niners fan I have no problem with this deal. Even after only 7 starts, 5-0 with a terrible Niners team to end the season. I will take Garoppolo for this money over Cousins any day.

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think this will be different, he is a lot better than Cassel.  But they think he is the guy so they have to pay accordingly.

if he delivers, it will be an absolute steal.  Niners will compete for a playoff spot and might be a threat in the division. Lots of questions in. Seattle and Arizona and who knows if the Rams can repeat what they did.

The issue is now Cousins will see this and say (I’ve put up big numbers and this guy get a big contract for 6 games of work?  Well then, I going for $150 million) 

To think KC had actually seen more games from Cassel when they paid him, than the 9'ers have from Jimmy G, makes it a little scary.  I know they're buying hope and getting rid of the questions of bringing back Kaepernick, but that contract is nuts for someone with so few games under his belt.  Just my opinion, of course. YMMV.

4 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

It's simply a progression of talent. Has nothing to do with him being like Brady or where he played, he was just the next young franchise type QB that was due for a contract. He took over Stafford's spot on the list. Next, it'll be Luck then so on and so forth.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's simply a progression of talent. Has nothing to do with him being like Brady or where he played, he was just the next young franchise type QB that was due for a contract. He took over Stafford's spot on the list. Next, it'll be Luck then so on and so forth.

Except he's being paid more after 7 starts than what Stafford got after 109 starts, and I thought Stafford got overpaid.  Jimmy G is still largely unproven (7 starts is hardly a career). 

I would have thought the Brock Osweiler debacle would have taught teams something about waiting to see what you really have. :shrug:

5 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Except he's being paid more after 7 starts than what Stafford got after 109 starts, and I thought Stafford got overpaid.  Jimmy G is still largely unproven (7 starts is hardly a career). 

I would have thought the Brock Osweiler debacle would have taught teams something about waiting to see what you really have. :shrug:

Osweiler point it solid, but it's just the Niners saying they want him long term and believe in him, I think.

• Upvote 2