SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL 2017-2018 Season

MafiaMan

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:02 PM, MafiaMan said:

So the Chargers can't sell out a 27,000 seat stadium in LA?

Now THERE is a well-planned franchise move!

They abandoned upset their fan base, moved to a town where people don't care about football, got stuck in a soccer stadium, and yet people everywhere seem surprised by low attendance....  

I've been a Charger fan since Dan Fouts was throwing to Charlie Joyner, and I'm not the lease surprised at this outcome.  

16 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

They abandoned upset their fan base, moved to a town where people don't care about football, got stuck in a soccer stadium, and yet people everywhere seem surprised by low attendance....  

I've been a Charger fan since Dan Fouts was throwing to Charlie Joyner, and I'm not the lease surprised at this outcome.  

It sounds like LA didn't want the Ram either and wanted the Raiders the most.

On 10/3/2017 at 1:45 PM, siouxforcefans said:

I heard their might be a move to bring the Chargers back to SD. 

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

Isn’t the Raiders moving to Vegas?

Yes, but LA wanted the Raiders more then anyone else. Davies family wants everyone to built them a stadium but doesn't want to spend there money on one.

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I heard their might be a move to bring the Chargers back to SD. 

I've heard it was shot down.

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Yes, but LA wanted the Raiders more then anyone else. Davies family wants everyone to built them a stadium but doesn't want to spend there money on one.

I've heard it was shot down.

Raiders' owner doesn't actually have much money.  He's worth "only" around $500 million.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Kaepernick files a grievance against the NFL owners for collusion. 

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/15/16478890/colin-kaepernick-grievance-nfl-owners-collusion

I hear the Packers might be looking for a QB now.

Any bets they make a call to Romo?

While I think this is a long shot, but if it is proven.  The Owners might have a bigger issue to deal with 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/15/kaepernick-hopes-to-invalidate-the-cba-through-collusion-grievance/

21 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

While I think this is a long shot, but if it is proven.  The Owners might have a bigger issue to deal with 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/15/kaepernick-hopes-to-invalidate-the-cba-through-collusion-grievance/

It sounds like the Packers will go with who they have.

Kaepernick opted out of his contract and that is his fault no one else's. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2017 at 9:11 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Romo is enjoying things in the broadcast booth.  He's gone Gruden on the bit, he's done.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My brief thoughts on the playoff games:

TEN/NE: Pats are circling the wagons after that damning report.  The only way I see the Titans winning is in Mariota needs to be great and Henry need to gash the Pats D.  I see only one of those things happening

NE 34, TEN 17

JAX/PIT:  Jags D is legit, Bortels is not.  Steelers have a tendency of playing down to their opponent however, but I expect them to win this game.  Close than the expect think however

PIT 24, JAX 13

PHI/ATL: People are down on Philly, but they still have a great D and a solid run game.  Atlanta has the swagger, but can they survive the cold?  I'm taking the upset

PHI 24, ATL 19

NO/MIN: People are high on the Saints, but the Vikings has the best D. US Bank will be electric and that gets the home team into the next round 

MIN 27 NO 20

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

My brief thoughts on the playoff games:

TEN/NE: Pats are circling the wagons after that damning report.  The only way I see the Titans winning is in Mariota needs to be great and Henry need to gash the Pats D.  I see only one of those things happening

NE 34, TEN 17

JAX/PIT:  Jags D is legit, Bortels is not.  Steelers have a tendency of playing down to their opponent however, but I expect them to win this game.  Close than the expect think however

PIT 24, JAX 13

PHI/ATL: People are down on Philly, but they still have a great D and a solid run game.  Atlanta has the swagger, but can they survive the cold?  I'm taking the upset

PHI 24, ATL 19

NO/MIN: People are high on the Saints, but the Vikings has the best D. US Bank will be electric and that gets the home team into the next round 

MIN 27 NO 20

Damn it Steelers, you had one job!