SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

15 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Truth. UND didn’t even nominate Duncan for the award in the year he won it. 

Ryan Duncan:  "Best player in the country?  I'm not even the best player on my line."  I'm paraphrasing his response after winning the Hobey...btw, his linemates were TJ Oshie and Jonny Toews.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hope

3 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

My guess on how the final standings will look.

Final NCHC Standings

Team GP Pts
Denver 24 49
SCSU 24 48
UND 24 40
UMD 24 39
Western Michigan 24 36
CC 24 28
Nebraska-Omaha 24 28
Miami 24 20

I hope you are right but I'm thinking UND sits at #4 and gets #5 Western in the first round.  Duluth's setback last weekend won't happen every week and until UND can prove it can sweep some series, it's hard to predict they will have those type of results.

12 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

I hope

I hope you are right but I'm thinking UND sits at #4 and gets #5 Western in the first round.  Duluth's setback last weekend won't happen every week and until UND can prove it can sweep some series, it's hard to predict they will have those type of results.

The schedule is favorable for UND to move up. 3 teams at the bottom of the league and at home to close with SCSU, who isn’t as strong of a road team as they are at home. I am cautiously optimistic. 

UMD is off this week so perfect time to move ahead. 

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

The schedule is favorable for UND to move up. 3 teams at the bottom of the league and at home to close with SCSU, who isn’t as strong of a road team as they are at home. I am cautiously optimistic. 

UMD is off this week so perfect time to move ahead. 

From your lips to God's ears.  I love it when I'm wrong when it benefits my team.  If the projection above stands, UND could be playing CC for the FOURTH time in FIVE years in the 1st round of the NCHC Tournament.

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

I hope

For Duluth to get to 39 points they would have to take 15 out of the remaining 18 points they have at stake.

For North Dakota to get to 40 points they need to take 16 out of the remaining 24 points they have left to play for.

Both are pretty realistic I think. Although it wouldn't shock me if UMD ran the table.....I just think they will lose one at Western Michigan.

13 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

For Duluth to get to 39 points they would have to take 15 out of the remaining 18 points they have at stake.

For North Dakota to get to 40 points they need to take 16 out of the remaining 24 points they have left to play for.

Both are pretty realistic I think. Although it wouldn't shock me if UMD ran the table.....I just think they will lose one at Western Michigan.

I didn't delve into this until just now, but I agree. I think we have the advantage, here. But, we gotta actually do it. That's the kicker haha.

That, or just not play and have us move up in the PWR anyway, like we did this weekend :D