SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

8 minutes ago, Randy Lahey said:

Anyone's predictions on the teams record this year? Do we get out of the gates right away like last year? Hopefully no slump after the first 5 games again.

20-13-3 regular season

Win conference tourney at the X

Frozen 4 semifinals loss 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Picked up my UND/DU @ Magness today!

I picked up my UND/DU as well as CC/DU tickets yesterday! If anyone plans on going to the UND/DU series, you should get your tickets soon as there will be a lot of UND fans there (as usual) but I'm predicting a lot of Pios fans too wanting to gloat as well as wanting to see DU sweep us. Best place to get your tickets is at 

http://www.denverpioneers.com/

8 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I picked up my UND/DU as well as CC/DU tickets yesterday! If anyone plans on going to the UND/DU series, you should get your tickets soon as there will be a lot of UND fans there (as usual) but I'm predicting a lot of Pios fans too wanting to gloat as well as wanting to see DU sweep us. Best place to get your tickets is at 

http://www.denverpioneers.com/

Thanks, I better get on it! 

• Upvote 1

I have no doubt this years team will be better than last years and will finish better in the NCHC and pairwise. That's because of one word, depth. UND will lose their "stars" and will need players to step up, but I believe.

• Better "core" of proven players over where they started last year. Poganski, Gardner, Gersich, JJ & Hoff are Top 6 caliber forwards
  • 2017 incoming players as a group are much, much better than 2016. This will lead to my key of depth. Both offensively and defensively, the bottom 15th forward working on up and 8th dman working on up will be improved from last year. This 2017 will have an easier transition and the 2016 class will now have experience. A lot of returning players on the roster.

This incoming class has a lot of talent and they can be sprinkled in the lineup between veteran players. I hope to see a freshman on every forward line, surrounded by two players with experience. I'm excited for this year. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AJS said:

I have no doubt this years team will be better than last years and will finish better in the NCHC and pairwise. That's because of one word, depth. UND will lose their "stars" and will need players to step up, but I believe.

• Better "core" of proven players over where they started last year. Poganski, Gardner, Gersich, JJ & Hoff are Top 6 caliber forwards
  • 2017 incoming players as a group are much, much better than 2016. This will lead to my key of depth. Both offensively and defensively, the bottom 15th forward working on up and 8th dman working on up will be improved from last year. This 2017 will have an easier transition and the 2016 class will now have experience. A lot of returning players on the roster.

This incoming class has a lot of talent and they can be sprinkled in the lineup between veteran players. I hope to see a freshman on every forward line, surrounded by two players with experience. I'm excited for this year. 

I hope you are right.

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

- 36-0 regular season

- Conference foes don't show up to the X because they're embarrassed 

- Roll through the national tourney to meet the Gophers in the championship game, Pogo scores a Robbie Bina goal from opposite end of the ice, Gophers lose 17-0, fold program.

As plausible as any other theory at this point.

On 9/15/2017 at 8:04 PM, Randy Lahey said:

Anyone's predictions on the teams record this year? Do we get out of the gates right away like last year? Hopefully no slump after the first 5 games again.

I am guessing we may have issues scoring goals at times, unless we can get more scoring from the back end that was prevalent a couple years ago.  Hopefully, all the freshmen from last year  can take a step forward in that regard.  It really is impossible to know how all of the new freshmen will acclimate to the college game, so it is hard to say what kind of year we will have.  If Cam is a rock we should be in every game, but I am guessing we will be 2nd or 3rd in our league, which could put us on the bubble of the NCAA tournament with the Big Ten being a little better this year.  

2 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

3rd in the league behind DU and who?  I don't see anyone keeping us out of the top 2.  Am I too optimistic?

SCSU has been rated high by everyone...but I too think we should be a lock for #2.  The boys should be very solid this year.

The puck needs to find the back of the net more this season to make a jump up record wise from last year's club. Both were in and out of the lineup and probably didn't have the year each should/could have had but Jost and Boeser won't be easy to replace.

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The puck needs to find the back of the net more this season to make a jump up record wise from last year's club. Both were in and out of the lineup and probably didn't have the year each should/could have had but Jost and Boeser won't be easy to replace.

Jost / Boeser are amazing players that will be great in the NHL, but you also have to remember that between injuries & youth, neither made it to 40 points last year. I don't think it'll be as tough to replace that production as some.

• Upvote 3

On 9/18/2017 at 1:06 PM, AJS said:

Jost / Boeser are amazing players that will be great in the NHL, but you also have to remember that between injuries & youth, neither made it to 40 points last year. I don't think it'll be as tough to replace that production as some.

I hadn't really thought about that, solid point.