SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

8 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

At $99, I hope UND gets swept. Not remotely because I want to see the Gophers win, or the Hawks lose, but I do want to see the administration endure some bad karma for freaking doubling the cost of tickets for what amounts to a non-conference weekend that may matter little in the big picture.

Rivalry or no, that is a $hit ton of pressure on the home team not to stink up the place. I hope the boys can rise above it, but it's unfair to place them in that position. Big-time opponents have come to the REA for years, and lots of games with post-season implication have been played, but UND has never before had to resort to rank profiteering on the backs of fans.

They players won't give a single d@mn about the cost of the tickets, nor should they. What a ridiculous diatribe. If you don't want to pay for tickets, don't pay for tickets, sheesh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

At $99, I hope UND gets swept. Not remotely because I want to see the Gophers win, or the Hawks lose, but I do want to see the administration endure some bad karma for freaking doubling the cost of tickets for what amounts to a non-conference weekend that may matter little in the big picture.

Rivalry or no, that is a $hit ton of pressure on the home team not to stink up the place. I hope the boys can rise above it, but it's unfair to place them in that position. Big-time opponents have come to the REA for years, and lots of games with post-season implication have been played, but UND has never before had to resort to rank profiteering on the backs of fans.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. UND is D1 across the board, its time they start raising ticket prices to cover some of the athletic budget. The administration cannot afford to be North Dakota nice any longer and expect to be a major player in D1 athletics. The ticket prices will have no effect on how the players play, the could care less, to them its just another game. You people will honestly b$%^H about anything!

11 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Poll some players and get back to me. Those kids play under tremendous pressure under the best of circumstances. Why double down to make a few bucks?

Are you prepared to say that if the weekend goes poorly, no fan is going to bring up the cost of admission?

what about the costs that fans spend to go to countless conference tournaments, regionals, FF or specialty games? get the F outta here with those stupid remarks

9 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Get a grip. Most everyone looks forward to that series more than any other by far. They're in control of pricing and all the more power to them for taking advantage of supply and demand. It goes both ways...look at the Manitoba and under 18 games.

If you're going to get that worked up over $50, you probably shouldn't be spending your rent money on hockey tickets anyway. 

• Upvote 3

I don't get the outrage.  I wonder how many people would sell something they own for less than Fair Market Value just so everyone can afford it.  They have a product that is worth at least $100/Ticket.  They easily could have been scum bags and required you to also purchase tickets for one of the exhibition games.  Not everyone can afford everything.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

If the weekend goes poorly, people will complain regardless of ticket price.  "I paid $100 to watch this?!?!"  "I paid $50 to watch this?!?!"  "I drank $9 beers for 3 hours to watch this?!?!"  "I drove 300 miles to watch this?!?!"  It's all the same.

Not to mention feeling like the team owes them a win

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

If you're suggesting that 100% markup is the norm for premier games, I'd like to see some evidence. Not questioning your rationale (because I totally get it), just thinking you've mixed in a bit of hyperbole.

UND pulled a low-class move, that is almost impossible to defend.

We don't know each other but I bet I know one thing about you (anyone with a brain) if you owned all of these tickets and were selling them to make your profits.....

.. you'd be charging the same thing if not more!

Just like me and everyone else on here.

• Upvote 1

As per Ticketmaster (via UND)

Onsale Date & Times

Onsale to General Public

Fri 09/01/17 10:00 am CDT

Waitlist Presale

Start: Wed 08/30/17 10:00 am CDT

End: Wed 08/30/17 06:00 pm CDT

NDCC Members

Start: Thu 08/31/17 10:00 am CDT

End: Thu 08/31/17 06:00 pm CDT

It will be interesting to see if there are tickets even available after the first 2 presales.  I am guessing it is going to be much like the Vegas game.  They will leave aside a few for the general public, but they wil be gone in 10 seconds!

59 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Lol.  I've paid $200 a ticket on numerous occasions.  $99 ain't no thing. ;)

Yep, those that buy from season ticket holders pay much more than 100, since part of their cc payment is included in the price. 

I've season tickets and bought additional tickets for relatives from season ticket holder back 7, 8, and 10 years ago for $100 to $125 vs MN and Denver.  Sometimes I bought tickets for $50 to $75 to good games. $99 for the goofs is a steal, IMHO they will be selling for much more on the street prior to the game. It just sounds like $99 is alot when UND is doing it.

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Video of Berry talking to the players after finding out ticket prices for the Gopher series:

maMEX.gif

Hahaha just so much pressure. Forget the fact we are playing the team that our fans despise and want to beat more than any other in a non-conference game that can dramatically affect the PairWise in our home barn for the first time in 5 years.... THINK OF THE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to pile on guys.

Now that I think of it I noticed when beer sizes were reduced from 32 to 24 oz we were holding our sticks pretty tight...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to pile on guys.

Now that I think of it I noticed when beer sizes were reduced from 32 to 24 oz we were holding our sticks pretty tight...

Flash forward to October 22nd in the GF Herald:

After two decisive 5-1 and 4-0 losses at the hands of bitter rival Minnesota this weekend, senior captain Austin Poganski felt his team didn't do what they needed to do. 

"I felt like we just didn't play Sioux hockey, this series," noted Poganski. We didn't get to the front of the net. Didn't get pucks deep. Had a tough time winning the battles. Just didn't play Sioux hockey."

When asked to comment on why he felt the team couldn't muster a solid performance when a heated rival came to Grand Forks for the first time in five years for a crucial non-conference series, Poganski was at a loss for words.

"I don't know what to tell you. I know a few of the guys were rattled that the price of tickets had ballooned to a ludicrous $99 per game, but that just can't be an excuse. We have to be better." 

:D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

As per Ticketmaster (via UND)

Onsale Date & Times

Onsale to General Public

Fri 09/01/17 10:00 am CDT

Waitlist Presale

Start: Wed 08/30/17 10:00 am CDT

End: Wed 08/30/17 06:00 pm CDT

NDCC Members

Start: Thu 08/31/17 10:00 am CDT

End: Thu 08/31/17 06:00 pm CDT

It will be interesting to see if there are tickets even available after the first 2 presales.  I am guessing it is going to be much like the Vegas game.  They will leave aside a few for the general public, but they wil be gone in 10 seconds!

Maybe they should charge to get on the  "waitlist"....     $30 to get on the list, free money for the Uni..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Maybe they should charge to get on the  "waitlist"....     $30 to get on the list, free money for the Uni..

$100 now to get on the wait list, applied to ticket price when you get them

8 minutes ago, sprig said:

$100 now to get on the wait list, applied to ticket price when you get them

So if you used your waitlist status to get Gopher game tickets, the $100 would go towards those ticket prices? Or not until you get season tickets, when you are next in line and get those?

If the former, it may pay to join the list, even if you don't have any intention of getting season tickets....