SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

Simple Supply and Demand.  I wouldn't be going, little too much for my budget.  I will watch on TV and attend multiple other games.  Personally these Gopher non-conference games would rank about 10th on my interest level to go watch.  If people are will to pay $100 a ticket, great for the university.  Lord knows they need the money.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yes, it's a well established practice...just shuts out the average joe who wants to maybe bring the wife and kids to the game.

I mean, the weekend before, tickets will be $25/seat. Same with Thanksgiving weekend. I guess I see nothing wrong with a dynamic pricing model for games that are going to have a huge demand as long as they are offsetting it by lowering the price for games with less demand. I mean, for the right price, I'd sell my wife and kids tickets. 

12 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Tickets should be sold for fair market value.  FMV isn't $40 for these tickets.  This is much better than having an artificially low price, causing a ton of people to scramble trying to buy tickets to flip.  It makes no sense for the school to sell a $100+ asset to me for $40.  It also makes no sense for me to be mad that my school doesn't want me to get an asset at a huge discount.

I'd much rather have the program making $ off the tickets than some flipper.

Non-exhibition/holiday tickets have sold for $40-45 (less for kids) for years.  That's the price I've paid, and I believe it to be a fair price.  Isn't that the definition of FMV?  How can the seller uncharacteristically and blindly set the price at >100% markup for a pair of games and have that be chalked up to FMV?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Non-exhibition/holiday tickets have sold for $40-45 (less for kids) for years.  That's the price I've paid, and I believe it to be a fair price.  Isn't that the definition of FMV?  How can the seller uncharacteristically and blindly set the price at >100% markup for a pair of games and have that be chalked up to FMV?

The secondary market is a true indication of FMV.  You believe the FMV of the gopher tickets is $40-$45?  If so no tickets will be sold at $100.   I'll bet they sell out in a hurry.  $40 is FMV for a holiday game, I agree with that.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Not to get gouged....went to the Gofer game last year at Mariucci and it was $75 a ticket.  I guess I was wrong when I thought that was high.

Our arena is better? Idk... I guess I didn't have any idea how much they'd cost, but the atmosphere alone for those games feels like it's worth the price they are asking.

23 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Simple Supply and Demand.  I wouldn't be going, little too much for my budget.  I will watch on TV and attend multiple other games.  Personally these Gopher non-conference games would rank about 10th on my interest level to go watch.  If people are will to pay $100 a ticket, great for the university.  Lord knows they need the money.

Really? I am with you on the supply and demand comment, but I think you'd be in the minority with it being of lowered interest. These games will be sold out without a doubt and demand will be ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

The secondary market is a true indication of FMV.  You believe the FMV of the gopher tickets is $40-$45?  If so no tickets will be sold at $100.   I'll bet they sell out in a hurry.  $40 is FMV for a holiday game, I agree with that.

Spot on.

54 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Really? I am with you on the supply and demand comment, but I think you'd be in the minority with it being of lowered interest. These games will be sold out without a doubt and demand will be ridiculous.

I know I'm in minority.  I just think the games are not as important being in a different conference. Rather go to games vs. duluth, St. Cloud and denver. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Big Green said:

I know I'm in minority.  I just think the games are not as important being in a different conference. Rather go to games vs. duluth, St. Cloud and denver. 

Totally agree with you. Now that this series is non conference, the luster has greatly faded.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stromer said:

Totally agree with you. Now that this series is non conference, the luster has greatly faded.

Honestly? I just don't get it. The intensity when these two play is just so high. I don't see how it's even faded a little. Adding most fans' hate for the Big 10, I think it may have amped up even a little bit. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? :)

• Upvote 3

At $99, I hope UND gets swept. Not remotely because I want to see the Gophers win, or the Hawks lose, but I do want to see the administration endure some bad karma for freaking doubling the cost of tickets for what amounts to a non-conference weekend that may matter little in the big picture.

Rivalry or no, that is a $hit ton of pressure on the home team not to stink up the place. I hope the boys can rise above it, but it's unfair to place them in that position. Big-time opponents have come to the REA for years, and lots of games with post-season implication have been played, but UND has never before had to resort to rank profiteering on the backs of fans.

• Downvote 17

55 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Honestly? I just don't get it. The intensity when these two play is just so high. I don't see how it's even faded a little. Adding most fans' hate for the Big 10, I think it may have amped up even a little bit. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? :)

Id sacrifice an NCHC loss to know we are going to roll these goofs

• Upvote 1

Just now, siouxstudent said:

In running for legit worst post of all time on this board.....

Poll some players and get back to me. Those kids play under tremendous pressure under the best of circumstances. Why double down to make a few bucks?

Are you prepared to say that if the weekend goes poorly, no fan is going to bring up the cost of admission?

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Poll some players and get back to me. Those kids play under tremendous pressure under the best of circumstances. Why double down to make a few bucks?

Are you prepared to say that if the weekend goes poorly, no fan is going to bring up the cost of admission?

Consider the players polled...aaaand results are in. They only care about the games, not ticket pricing structures. I know plenty of players, they couldnt care less.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

There's not a single player on the team that cares what UND is charging for admission to any of the games.

• Upvote 3