SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Paging @MafiaMan!

2 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Per the media guide, they played Spartak Moscow in Switzerland in the '82-'83 season.
They played Moscow Dynamo at home at the old Ralph in the '90-'91 season.

Justin Duberman with the hat-trick in a 6-4 loss to Moscow Dynamo.  That was either the 1988-1989 or 1989-1990 season, however.  Interesting note to history is that Vladimir Myshkin was the Dynamo back-up goalie in that game against UND.  Does that name sound familiar?   

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I feel like when I was younger I saw the gophers play professional teams from Europe in exhibitions. Could be wrong, or I suppose rules could have changed since then; but I remember them skating around looking like they belonged in NASCAR with the advertisements all over their equipment.

It can still be done today. Michigan Tech went to Europe about 5 years ago to play teams in Europe, not 100% sure if they played pro teams. An NCAA team can only play out of the country once every 4 years (doesn't include two NCAA teams playing each other in Canada).

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Myshkin? Sounds like a putz that gets pulled in the middle of important games.

Who's he? He sucks S%#& !! Siv Siv Siv

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

LMAO, total brain fart there. So damn funny. Haha, can't even believe I wrote that.

No worries.  The internet is only forever.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Justin Duberman with the hat-trick in a 6-4 loss to Moscow Dynamo.  That was either the 1988-1989 or 1989-1990 season, however.  Interesting note to history is that Vladimir Myshkin was the Dynamo back-up goalie in that game against UND.  Does that name sound familiar?   

He was a goal tender in Dostoevsky's The Idiot?

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I have a vague memory of and exhibition game against St Louis Blues in 88 or 89,  I remember Hrkac and Hull playing together.

I remember that game, Tony Hrkac and who ever he was with parked a few spots down from us in the parking lot, it was pretty cool!!

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

He isn't the husband of Sue Ellen, the bra less Wonder and heiress to the O'Henry candy bar fortune...  wait, that's Mischke!

15 hours ago, burd said:

He was a goal tender in Dostoevsky's The Idiot?

10 hours ago, tnt said:

He isn't the husband of Sue Ellen, the bra less Wonder and heiress to the O'Henry candy bar fortune...  wait, that's Mischke!

You two are closer than @Wilbur.  He sent me a PM asking if Myshkin was the lead character in the movie "Dr. Zhivago."  :lol:

20 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You two are closer than @Wilbur.  He sent me a PM asking if Myshkin was the lead character in the movie "Dr. Zhivago."  :lol:

I should post a picture of my cool Tretiak jersey I found at Joe's sports shack in East Kalamazoo Michigan.  

Anyone have an idea when single game tickets start going on sale for the Badgers series in Madison? Seeing as I'll not be deer hunting for the 5th straight year, I figured might as well make my maiden voyage to the Kohl Center. I wouldn't think there'd be trouble getting tickets but would like to get good seats.

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Anyone have an idea when single game tickets start going on sale for the Badgers series in Madison? Seeing as I'll not be deer hunting for the 5th straight year, I figured might as well make my maiden voyage to the Kohl Center. I wouldn't think there'd be trouble getting tickets but would like to get good seats.

Looks like 9/22

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/2015/08/21/GEN_20140101617.aspx

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Mismash was cut from the World Junior Showcase this morning.  I found that kind of odd given some of the names remaining. 

Also surprising given some of what I saw on twitter. Sounded like he had impressed some folks.

48 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Mismash was cut from the World Junior Showcase this morning.  I found that kind of odd given some of the names remaining. 

38 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Also surprising given some of what I saw on twitter. Sounded like he had impressed some folks.

Don't you understand? Some NHL Hall of Famer's kid has to have a spot on the team, so someone has to fall on the sword. And this time, it's Mismash. :silly:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Don't you understand? Some NHL Hall of Famer's kid has to have a spot on the team, so someone has to fall on the sword. And this time, it's Mismash. :silly:

I know you're joking but who were you referring too?  If it's Tkuchuk he's actually very good.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I know you're joking but who were you referring too?  If it's Tkuchuk he's actually very good.

I heard some people during the WJC last year commenting on this topic. And it seemed like there was some nepotism going on. And yes, I know we won gold last year, but that doesn't mean there isn't some favoritism going on.