Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Recommended Posts

scpa0305   

I guess Wolanin is shining at the Sens development camp.  From what I read it sounds as though he'll only be back for one more year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilbur   
On 6/28/2017 at 0:39 PM, brianvf said:

Never. 
According to GPL (where I go for most of my UND-related fact checking), our entire roster is almost always 95% goon Canadian, and 85% of those are over the age of 26 and didn't qualify for the U of M.

Fixed your post. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tnt   
10 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I guess Wolanin is shining at the Sens development camp.  From what I read it sounds as though he'll only be back for one more year.

That will make a lot of those people that jump all over Wolanin happy.  It seems we have had a lot of guys that fans could do without here, but they are good enough for the next level, and that includes a coach as well.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tnt said:

That will make a lot of those people that jump all over Wolanin happy.  It seems we have had a lot of guys that fans could do without here, but they are good enough for the next level, and that includes a coach as well.

His upside is huge, could be one of the best offensive dmen in the country. That said, there was times he was gripping the stick pretty tightly last year & letting the puck get out of the zone at the point. Starman noticed it too in a series at The Ralph. However his game against BU really showed what he is capable of and it'll be exciting to see the strides he makes this coming year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilbur   
On 7/8/2017 at 11:03 AM, scpa0305 said:

I guess Wolanin is shining at the Sens development camp.  From what I read it sounds as though he'll only be back for one more year.

He could lead the nation in scoring by a defenseman, or he could end up a healthy scratch a time or two.  I think if he plays like he can he'll be the best player on the team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He could lead the nation in scoring by a defenseman, or he could end up a healthy scratch a time or two.  I think if he plays like he can he'll be the best player on the team.

With the early departures on defense his and Shaw's role were increased quite a bit from their freshman to sophomore years. I look for both to be much improved this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High praise for Gersich from Capitals camp.  Via Rotoworld:

Shane Gersich had a strong showing in the Capitals' rookie camp.

He was one of our best players if not the best player at camp," Capitals GM Brian MacLellan said in a conference call with reporters Monday. "Really happy about the way he's progressed and where we picked him. I think Ross Mahoney did a great job with that pick." Washington drafted Gersich with the 134th overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. He broke out last season though with 21 goals and 37 points in 40 games as a sophomore with the University of North Dakota. Gersich is looking like a potential steal, but he plans to stay in college for his junior season so he won't be signing an entry-level contract in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

Person who works at the Ralph and leaving for nhl I guess. They said a former und goalie will be taking his place

 

If this is true, my bet would be Jake Brandt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yup. He or Eidsness.

Is Eidsness still in Grand Forks? If I recall, Goehring wasn't getting paid, he was a volunteer coach (correct? or am I way off?). I would assume that would mean whomever is going to replace him, would have to have other employment in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Is Eidsness still in Grand Forks? If I recall, Goehring wasn't getting paid, he was a volunteer coach (correct? or am I way off?). I would assume that would mean whomever is going to replace him, would have to have other employment in the area.

Wasn't he doing grad school at UND? I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   
2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Wasn't he doing grad school at UND? I could be wrong.

Eidsness went to Victoria for law school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   
10 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Didn't Goehring run the hockey academy for the Ralph? 

He use to, I can't remember who was running it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2017 at 0:58 AM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

His upside is huge, could be one of the best offensive dmen in the country. That said, there was times he was gripping the stick pretty tightly last year & letting the puck get out of the zone at the point. Starman noticed it too in a series at The Ralph. However his game against BU really showed what he is capable of and it'll be exciting to see the strides he makes this coming year.

Well if Starman said it then it has to be true.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Well if Starman said it then it has to be true.......

Obviously I'd be better off taking anonymous Happy Gilmore avatar's opinion over a pro scout's who is also a color man for a nationally broadcasted sports network, but I work with what I have at the time.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MafiaMan   
6 hours ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

Anyone hear any news on the goalie coach? I heard some possible alarming news?

 

 

5 hours ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

Guess not. Anyways apparently Karl is leaving und 

Nice scoop!  Almost 6 hours before it made the official headlines.  

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sports/und-hockey/4296141-unds-goehring-join-tampa-bay-lightning-organization

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilbur   

Tough to see KG leave.  One of my all time favorite players at UND.  An extremely intelligent guy who will be tough to replace.  Best of luck Karl.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×