Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

630 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Making room for Tolvanen, now that he didn't get into BC

Crazy that BC didn't "make it work" for him. 
Big loss to their incoming class.  Wonder where he'll end up now?  A late add to a different NCAA program or MJ?

38 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Crazy that BC didn't "make it work" for him. 
Big loss to their incoming class.  Wonder where he'll end up now?  A late add to a different NCAA program or MJ?

UND for sure :)  probably MJ

Saw someone tweet that it would be a PR nightmare to accept a kid that was already rejected from a different school. I guess I don't see it that way, depending on the circumstances. Had the kid been rejected because he had a 1.5 GPA or a felony record or something like that I would understand; but all schools have different academic requirements and rules. I don't think there is any doubt that BC probably has more stringent requirements for attendance than UND.

Hope the coaches are at least looking at Tolvanen. Even if he was a 1 and done, I would gladly take that high end talent, that we were not even planning on having this year.

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Saw someone tweet that it would be a PR nightmare to accept a kid that was already rejected from a different school. I guess I don't see it that way, depending on the circumstances. Had the kid been rejected because he had a 1.5 GPA or a felony record or something like that I would understand; but all schools have different academic requirements and rules. I don't think there is any doubt that BC probably has more stringent requirements for attendance than UND.

Hope the coaches are at least looking at Tolvanen. Even if he was a 1 and done, I would gladly take that high end talent, that we were not even planning on having this year.

There's no doubt, but I'm with the person who wouldn't want UND to go after him. I just think it'd be a bad look.