SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

1 hour ago, tnt said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4271430-how-und-happy-go-lucky-guy-became-key-player-penguins-playoffs

Very interesting article by Schlossman on the emergence of Carter Rowney.   Especially interesting is the fact that his rookie class both he and Dell were the only two players that weren't drafted and they are the only two in the NHL.  Also thought it was interesting that the coach of Grand Prairie called the coaches and told them he was a North Dakota type of player.  Kind of goes to show you that all the gnashing of teeth over the talent or lack thereof coming in on any given year doesn't really reflect how things will turn out in the end.  Could definitely use a few more 4-year players like Carter Rowney. 

Pogo reminds me a lot of Rowns, despite obviously being drafted. Hopefully he has as big a senior year as Carter did.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

I hope not, Rowney scored less as a senior...

I'm fully aware that Rowney scored less points as a senior, but that wasn't all Rowney was about. Pogo reminds me of Rowns in many ways. Leadership, size, relative speed, etc., etc. Thanks for pointing out an obvious, however. I appreciate it. 

I think both you guys are right about Pogo and Rowney. Rowney did have a break out year scoring-wise his senior year and he and Pogo share a lot of traits.

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I think both you guys are right about Pogo and Rowney. Rowney did have a break out year scoring-wise his senior year and he and Pogo share a lot of traits.

I stand corrected....it was his junior year he had his personal best scoring-wise. That said, Rowney was a great example of what a hard working 4 year student-athlete looks like. Pogo will be a fantastic captain.

20 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I stand corrected....it was his junior year he had his personal best scoring-wise. That said, Rowney was a great example of what a hard working 4 year student-athlete looks like. Pogo will be a fantastic captain.

This was the point I was trying to make.

• Upvote 1

By my count, those 8 put the roster at 27. 

I can't recall UND carrying 27 on the roster this century. 

Chartrand
Wolanin
Shaw
Peski
Johnson
Poolman
Bast
Rieger
Kierstad

Simonson
Olson
Poganski
Gornall
Gersich
Gardner
Janatuinen
Jones
Yon
Bowen
Smith
Hoff
Adams
Mismash
Kawaguchi

Johnson
Anderson
Thome

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Chartrand
Wolanin
Shaw
Peski
Johnson
Poolman
Bast
Rieger
Kierstad

Simonson
Olson
Poganski
Gornall
Gersich
Gardner
Janatuinen
Jones
Yon
Bowen
Smith
Hoff
Adams
Mismash
Kawaguchi

Johnson
Anderson
Thome

Championship season (15-16) had 27

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

Championship season (15-16) had 27

Crap. You're right. That's the "four goalies" season. 

Given Bast's and Kierstad's recent histories regarding injuries, I'm now thinking they just might go with 9 D on the roster this year. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Chartrand
Wolanin
Shaw
Peski
Johnson
Poolman
Bast
Rieger
Kierstad

Simonson
Olson
Poganski
Gornall
Gersich
Gardner
Janatuinen
Jones
Yon
Bowen
Smith
Hoff
Adams
Mismash
Kawaguchi

Johnson
Anderson
Thome

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Crap. You're right. That's the "four goalies" season. 

Given Bast's and Kierstad's recent histories regarding injuries, I'm now thinking they just might go with 9 D on the roster this year. 

I've been told by a couple people that Chartrand isn't coming back.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure it's too late, but I sent an appeal to Brian Faison today anyway that he lower the price of the Gopher tickets.  $99 is outrageous, IMO.  Please send him an email if you agree.

3 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I'm sure it's too late, but I sent an appeal to Brian Faison today anyway that he lower the price of the Gopher tickets.  $99 is outrageous, IMO.  Please send him an email if you agree.

I guess $99 doesn't seem that out of line to me. Having lower prices results in scalpers buying them up and reselling at inflated prices and then those individuals reap the profits instead of UND.

8 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I guess $99 doesn't seem that out of line to me. Having lower prices results in scalpers buying them up and reselling at inflated prices and then those individuals reap the profits instead of UND.

I haven't seen anything official, or that single game ticket prices have even been discussed, let alone finalized.

Keeping the two-tier pricing structure (three, if you count the bargain basement, non-conference over holiday break games) is the classy thing to do.  At some point, you risk alienating fans, you lose sight of entertainment value, and you put an inordinate amount of pressure on your boys to perform.  Can you imagine literally doubling the prices for a single opponent and then stinking up the joint?

I'd rather UND leave money on the table at the box office, keep the fans' good will intact, and then put on a good show.  Screw Gordon Gekko.

27 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I haven't seen anything official, or that single game ticket prices have even been discussed, let alone finalized.

Keeping the two-tier pricing structure (three, if you count the bargain basement, non-conference over holiday break games) is the classy thing to do.  At some point, you risk alienating fans, you lose sight of entertainment value, and you put an inordinate amount of pressure on your boys to perform.  Can you imagine literally doubling the prices for a single opponent and then stinking up the joint?

I'd rather UND leave money on the table at the box office, keep the fans' good will intact, and then put on a good show.  Screw Gordon Gekko.

Go to undsports.com, then click on "Buy Tickets" on the upper right, then click on "Ticket Information under "Men's Hockey."

4 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Go to undsports.com, then click on "Buy Tickets" on the upper right, then click on "Ticket Information under "Men's Hockey."

Thanks!

That is tacky AF.  Not even kids get a break.

First people complain because they can't buy high priced tickets to a game against the same team, now they complain when they possibly can get tickets for the same amount?

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've been told by a couple people that Chartrand isn't coming back.

Making room for Tolvanen, now that he didn't get into BC

• Upvote 3