SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I think both you guys are right about Pogo and Rowney. Rowney did have a break out year scoring-wise his senior year and he and Pogo share a lot of traits.

I stand corrected....it was his junior year he had his personal best scoring-wise. That said, Rowney was a great example of what a hard working 4 year student-athlete looks like. Pogo will be a fantastic captain.

20 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I stand corrected....it was his junior year he had his personal best scoring-wise. That said, Rowney was a great example of what a hard working 4 year student-athlete looks like. Pogo will be a fantastic captain.

This was the point I was trying to make.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

By my count, those 8 put the roster at 27. 

I can't recall UND carrying 27 on the roster this century. 

Chartrand
Wolanin
Shaw
Peski
Johnson
Poolman
Bast
Rieger
Kierstad

Simonson
Olson
Poganski
Gornall
Gersich
Gardner
Janatuinen
Jones
Yon
Bowen
Smith
Hoff
Adams
Mismash
Kawaguchi

Johnson
Anderson
Thome

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Chartrand
Wolanin
Shaw
Peski
Johnson
Poolman
Bast
Rieger
Kierstad

Simonson
Olson
Poganski
Gornall
Gersich
Gardner
Janatuinen
Jones
Yon
Bowen
Smith
Hoff
Adams
Mismash
Kawaguchi

Johnson
Anderson
Thome

Championship season (15-16) had 27

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

Championship season (15-16) had 27

Crap. You're right. That's the "four goalies" season. 

Given Bast's and Kierstad's recent histories regarding injuries, I'm now thinking they just might go with 9 D on the roster this year. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Chartrand
Wolanin
Shaw
Peski
Johnson
Poolman
Bast
Rieger
Kierstad

Simonson
Olson
Poganski
Gornall
Gersich
Gardner
Janatuinen
Jones
Yon
Bowen
Smith
Hoff
Adams
Mismash
Kawaguchi

Johnson
Anderson
Thome

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Crap. You're right. That's the "four goalies" season. 

Given Bast's and Kierstad's recent histories regarding injuries, I'm now thinking they just might go with 9 D on the roster this year. 

I've been told by a couple people that Chartrand isn't coming back.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I'm sure it's too late, but I sent an appeal to Brian Faison today anyway that he lower the price of the Gopher tickets.  $99 is outrageous, IMO.  Please send him an email if you agree.

I guess $99 doesn't seem that out of line to me. Having lower prices results in scalpers buying them up and reselling at inflated prices and then those individuals reap the profits instead of UND.

8 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I'm sure it's too late, but I sent an appeal to Brian Faison today anyway that he lower the price of the Gopher tickets.  $99 is outrageous, IMO.  Please send him an email if you agree.

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I guess $99 doesn't seem that out of line to me. Having lower prices results in scalpers buying them up and reselling at inflated prices and then those individuals reap the profits instead of UND.

I haven't seen anything official, or that single game ticket prices have even been discussed, let alone finalized.

Keeping the two-tier pricing structure (three, if you count the bargain basement, non-conference over holiday break games) is the classy thing to do.  At some point, you risk alienating fans, you lose sight of entertainment value, and you put an inordinate amount of pressure on your boys to perform.  Can you imagine literally doubling the prices for a single opponent and then stinking up the joint?

I'd rather UND leave money on the table at the box office, keep the fans' good will intact, and then put on a good show.  Screw Gordon Gekko.

27 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I haven't seen anything official, or that single game ticket prices have even been discussed, let alone finalized.

Keeping the two-tier pricing structure (three, if you count the bargain basement, non-conference over holiday break games) is the classy thing to do.  At some point, you risk alienating fans, you lose sight of entertainment value, and you put an inordinate amount of pressure on your boys to perform.  Can you imagine literally doubling the prices for a single opponent and then stinking up the joint?

I'd rather UND leave money on the table at the box office, keep the fans' good will intact, and then put on a good show.  Screw Gordon Gekko.

Go to undsports.com, then click on "Buy Tickets" on the upper right, then click on "Ticket Information under "Men's Hockey."

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Making room for Tolvanen, now that he didn't get into BC

Crazy that BC didn't "make it work" for him. 
Big loss to their incoming class.  Wonder where he'll end up now?  A late add to a different NCAA program or MJ?

38 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Crazy that BC didn't "make it work" for him. 
Big loss to their incoming class.  Wonder where he'll end up now?  A late add to a different NCAA program or MJ?

UND for sure :)  probably MJ

• Upvote 1

Saw someone tweet that it would be a PR nightmare to accept a kid that was already rejected from a different school. I guess I don't see it that way, depending on the circumstances. Had the kid been rejected because he had a 1.5 GPA or a felony record or something like that I would understand; but all schools have different academic requirements and rules. I don't think there is any doubt that BC probably has more stringent requirements for attendance than UND.

Hope the coaches are at least looking at Tolvanen. Even if he was a 1 and done, I would gladly take that high end talent, that we were not even planning on having this year.

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Saw someone tweet that it would be a PR nightmare to accept a kid that was already rejected from a different school. I guess I don't see it that way, depending on the circumstances. Had the kid been rejected because he had a 1.5 GPA or a felony record or something like that I would understand; but all schools have different academic requirements and rules. I don't think there is any doubt that BC probably has more stringent requirements for attendance than UND.

Hope the coaches are at least looking at Tolvanen. Even if he was a 1 and done, I would gladly take that high end talent, that we were not even planning on having this year.

There's no doubt, but I'm with the person who wouldn't want UND to go after him. I just think it'd be a bad look.