SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

31 minutes ago, Trunk Monkey said:

Tomek just drafted in 2nd round of USHL draft.

I'd rather see him stick around. Embrace the challenge and take some starts from Cam. If you shy away from competition now how will you do at the next level when it becomes even harder.

3 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I'd rather see him stick around. Embrace the challenge and take some starts from Cam. If you shy away from competition now how will you do at the next level when it becomes even harder.

By all accounts, he has done just that up to this point.   If he stays here, history says he won't see many pucks this year.  Some would say staying is an indication that he is content warming the bench and argue he should have gone where he is being game-time tested on a regular basis.  While I would also like to see him stay,  I wouldn't blame him for taking an opportunity to play.   He has proven his patience and loyalty in my mind. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see him come back as well. He is one injury away from playing major minutes.

He hasn't had great showings in the minimal ice time that he has had, but neither did Cam when he first played. If I remember right, he got rocked in his first appearance, and started his National Championship season with a couple soft goals to Maine. If Tomek had the ability to get a little consistent playing time, this year or next, maybe he really shows us what he's got.

I hope he stays, but I understand if he does not. Even if he does go to the USHL, I hope the coaches stay in contact with the kid. Maybe he comes back for another try. Who knows...

7 minutes ago, burd said:

By all accounts, he has done just that up to this point.   If he stays here, history says he won't see many pucks this year.  Some would say staying is an indication that he is content warming the bench and argue he should have gone where he is being game-time tested on a regular basis.  While I would also like to see him stay,  I wouldn't blame him for taking an opportunity to play.   He has proven his patience and loyalty in my mind. 

I'm not questioning his loyalty or patience. Sometimes if you want something you have to take it. His goal should be to work harder and perform better than Cam in practice. That, in my mind, would only help both players. It'd be nice to have two goalies pushing each other and splitting time every weekend or every other. Or just the ability to go with the hot hand while having confidence in both guys.