SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Boston U. - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

11 minutes ago, snova4 said:

I'm over this call, but how exactly is the comparison inaccurate? The skate at that distance is non-existent, giving the illusion that Hoff's skate is higher, which would correlate pretty closely to what the video is discussing. The boot is likely appearing at least 3 inches more towards offsides than what it truly should be. Meanwhile, the puck is directly on the ice, giving the appearance that Hoff is that much more ahead of the puck.

i think we're in agreement.  I was responding to SJHovey's comment about the Parallax effect. 

I'm not surprised by anything any more, what are rules? The refs can do whatever they want and we have to accept that I guess.

So 2 things I've learned this year:

1. You can run over a goalie and be able to finish the game. 

2. The opposing team can take the net off the mournings or whatever they're called when they're about to get scored on and it's not a delay of game penalty. 

3. There's one more thing I guess,  after watching all the games this year I don't even know what a penalty is anymore. 

3 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

I'm not surprised by anything any more, what are rules? The refs can do whatever they want and we have to accept that I guess.

2. The opposing team can take the net off the mournings or whatever they're called when they're about to get scored on and it's not a delay of game penalty. 

3. There's one more thing I guess,  after watching all the games this year I don't even know what a penalty is anymore. 

Ugh. Was that Michigan State after the boys had cycled on them for like 2 minutes?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, franchise said:

Ugh. Was that Michigan State after the boys had cycled on them for like 2 minutes?

I think my friend remembered it was against Mich St. UND was down by 1 I think or tied and 2 Mich guys take the net off, no UND players around and no delay of game penalty and there's no explanation, we just have to accept it. I really want to understand this but I can't 

1 minute ago, dden3 said:

I've been carrying this missed Simonson play around in my head for 2 weeks.  Thanks for refreshing it for me.

You're welcome! :D

That was one of those plays you see and wonder how it didn't go in. 

On 3/29/2017 at 10:31 AM, Emerald joker said:

Great post.  What I've learned:

1. You can purposely run over a goalie, laugh about it during the ensuing scrum, and finish the game. 

2. You can grab a players face mask right next to Brad Shepherd and it's not a major penalty and a game as per the rule. 

3. Head contact penalties do not apply to all players in the league.

4. Its okay to go after an official and require two linesmen to hold you back while you scream obscenities at the official, but not okay to question a call (ten minute misconduct actually) on your way to the box after a questionable call and your team holding a one goal lead late.

5. Guys who dive right after their team has been penalized to get an even up call will never....ever....ever.......ever......get an embellishment penalty. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, hky said:

#1.Yep.  One reason I can't cheer for UMD this weekend.  

#2.  ?????

#3.  Yep.  

#4  Another reason I can't cheer for UMD this weekend.  

#5.  Yep.

2. Belpedio at Ralph.  I was at game, happened right in front of us. 

14 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Was the linesman that was up on the dasher making the correct call that the play was onside, also the linesman that announced to the crowd that it was no goal?  I thought the referee did all that announcing / hand signal stuff?

10 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Also, after the review, why did the linesman make the call?

My guess is because it would have been that linesman who would have made the offsides call, which is why he was the one reviewing it in the penalty box (I think at first one of the refs was reviewing it with him, and then he let the linesman have a better look and he stepped back).  So once he determined (in his mind, I guess) that it should have been called offsides, he's the one to come out of the box and make that call.

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Great post.  What I've learned:

1. You can purposely run over a goalie, laugh about it during the ensuing scrum, and finish the game. 

2. You can grab a players face mask right next to Brad Shepherd and it's not a major penalty and a game as per the rule. 

3. Head contact penalties do not apply to all players in the league.

4. Its okay to go after an official and require two linesmen to hold you back while you scream obscenities at the official, but not okay to question a call (ten minute misconduct actually) on your way to the box after a questionable call and your team holding a one goal lead late.

5. Guys who dive right after their team has been penalized to get an even up call will never....ever....ever.......ever......get an embellishment penalty. 

I forgot about your 2nd one. I really really really wish the refs should have to explain some of these things so I could understand them better. The players dislodging the net still baffles and really pisses me off!!!!!!!!