SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Boston U. - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

17 minutes ago, Fetch said:

But I'm amazed at overall NCAA Mens Hockey - are the best teams / programs winning ? Or is it the Hot Goalies or just Luck or lack there of ? Weird Season 

After watching all three of those games, I feel like it was pretty clear we were the best team in Fargo, this weekend (or at least we played the best). But hey, that's hockey.

• Upvote 4

Just rewatched the game and we were offsides on that goal. Sucks, but we were. It was strange, though, to see that lineman who would not drop the puck all game jump in and make the call.  Also, contrary to what some would say Wolanin was our best player. His jump that "caused" a goal was a good aggressive play and the forward was in position to cover for him but didn't do a good enough job. Wolanin Peski Bowen and Poganski were beasts. And finally our pp without Poolman, other than the first one, was complete garbage. Does that mean fire the bald guy? I don't know, but it was a big reason we lost.

20 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just rewatched the game and we were offsides on that goal. Sucks, but we were. It was strange, though, to see that lineman who would not drop the puck all game jump in and make the call.  Also, contrary to what some would say Wolanin was our best player. His jump that "caused" a goal was a good aggressive play and the forward was in position to cover for him but didn't do a good enough job. Wolanin Peski Bowen and Poganski were beasts. And finally our pp without Poolman, other than the first one, was complete garbage. Does that mean fire the bald guy? I don't know, but it was a big reason we lost.

please tell me ya watched it on youtube....

31 minutes ago, Sioux Hawky said:

There is 3 inches of tuuk on the bottom of the boot that is white. It does create an illusion. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/how-geometry-created-the-illusion-of-a-flames-goal/

Excellent post.  My whole point is that there is no way you can rule that conclusive evidence showed the play offsides based on the angle that was used.  The only person viewing the play from the correct position was the linesman who ruled a legal entry.  At a minimum, they should look at this rule or install a camera along with blue line.

26 minutes ago, homer said:

There was no angle shown during the live telecast that clearly showed offsides.  If so snap a photo of your recording and post it.  

13 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Was he offsides? Probably

Was there 'conclusive evidence' to overturn our goal? I haven't seen it yet

I have watched the replay 75,000 times this weekend.  Still looking for the smoking gun and "conclusive proof."

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

agreed..just saying that if und was the number one seed it should've been at REA but this regional should've been at amsoil

Duluth can't even sell out their own games and you want a regional there?  Do we have any idea who is bidding for the next set of regionals?  I would be willing to bet Fargo gets another one based on this last weekends success.

21 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Duluth can't even sell out their own games and you want a regional there?  Do we have any idea who is bidding for the next set of regionals?  I would be willing to bet Fargo gets another one based on this last weekends success.

Schloss had said UND bid Sioux Falls at one point. 

53 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

a regional is a whole different ball game compared to a home series versus western michigan when its 25 below