AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

2001 Boston College

2006 Boston College

2007 Boston College

2008 Boston College

2014 Boston University

2017 Boston University

Am I missing anything in between in terms of season-ending loses tp Boston schools?  

2014 was to MINN but 2015 was to BU 

23 minutes ago, 7>4 said:

Crushed after the loss last night but extremely proud about how the Sioux played.  The semi final tonight is between two teams damn lucky to be there.  Ohio State completely dominated UMD in the overtime.  

In seeing the picture they put up on the TV claiming that Hoff was offsides I just don't see it, not from that angle.  If that is clearly indisputable evidence then the standard is pretty low.  Worst part about the call is that the "offsides" had absolutely no impact on the goal.  At some point to have to rely on the official on the ice for a call like that.  He clearly waived it off and was sitting right on the line.  

Thanks to the Seniors for your dedication and hanging another banner.  I'm sure we will lose a few early but I'm excited about the group coming back.  I really love Coach Berry, Jackson, and Shaw and the attitude they bring.  Nothing better than being a fan of North Dakota Hockey.   Let's get back to work.  October is just around the corner.  

Agreed.  When the TV announcers have to keep saying, you have to back up the picture on the right to justify two photos that are supposed to be simultaneous, how is that indisputable.  The officials have the same camera angles shown on TV. 

28 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Between the miserable Michigan loss in 2011, the heart breaker against Minn in 2014, and the BU loss 2 years ago...can you imagine if UND wouldn't have won it all last year? Is this how Denver fans felt last year when they lost? I think Denver was the better team in that game but UND found a way to win...afterwards I felt like UND stole that one. It seems like that's the way BU should be feeling if not worse, but for some reason they all seem to think they were the better team and deserved to win??? 

Dave Starman said "I think BU was much better at getting pucks to the net" yet they were outshot by over THIRTY

David Starman also said " I think BU was the better team and deserved to win. UND had 6 powerplays and didn't score once" 

BU gamewinning goal scorer "you can look at the shots or whatever, but we obviously came out on top" 

I understand the PP comment a little bit, but saying BU was the better team and deserved to win?? Did he not see the shots or watch any of the game? It was extremely lopsided in my eyes. 

I agree with the Starman on the getting pucks to the net. The evidence is in the amount of blocked shots. When BU had chances they made the most of them and rarely got their shots blocked. Same can't be said for us. Most of our shots were softies. 

As to the Boston being the better team yesterday that is laughable. They were just outstanding at countering and when they did get their foot in the door a few times they were dangerous seemingly every time.

21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I agree with the Starman. The evidence is in the amount of blocked shots. When BU had chances they made the most of them and rarely got their shots blocked. Same can't be said for us. Most of our shots were softies. 

Percentage wise they had more shots getting to the net yes, but that stat goes straight out the window when UND successfully got 31 more shots to the net than BU did. When you attempt 80 more shots than the other team of course you're going to have more blocked shots. I understand what Starman and you are trying to say...but when the shots are that lopsided it does'nt really matter what the percentages are IMO.  

Yes UND had way too many shots blocked. But even with that, they still had many more great scoring chances and posts than BU did overall. When BU gets 1 good scoring chance only off 3 shots vs UND getting 4 good scoring chances off 20 shots, then who cares about the percentages. The sheer totals is what matters. But in the end, the ones that go in the net are the ones that count. 

7 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Percentage wise they had more shots getting to the net yes, but that stat goes straight out the window when UND successfully got 31 more shots to the net than BU did. When you attempt 40 more shots than the other team of course you're going to have more blocked shots. I understand what Starman and you are trying to say...but when the shots are that lopsided it does'nt really matter what the percentages are IMO.  

They keep score based on goals, I know.  Shot attempts were 145-67, so UND attempted 78 more shots.  Midway through the second OT, BU seemed to find their legs and the Sioux hit a wall.  It may have been the hockey rope-a-dope, as the Sioux wore themselves out shooting the puck.  Oddly, none of the 212 shot attempts resulted in a garbage goal, as all seven goals were on nice plays.  (The OT winner that wasn't would have been the only one.)

4 minutes ago, jk said:

They keep score based on goals, I know.  Shot attempts were 145-67, so UND attempted 78 more shots.  Midway through the second OT, BU seemed to find their legs and the Sioux hit a wall.  It may have been the hockey rope-a-dope, as the Sioux wore themselves out shooting the puck.  Oddly, none of the 212 shot attempts resulted in a garbage goal, as all seven goals were on nice plays.  (The OT winner that wasn't would have been the only one.)

Hence my comment "but, in the end, the ones that go in the net are the ones that count"....

But yeah, that wasn't my point-- Arguing against Starman's dumb ass comment was. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, farce poobah said:

So it's 5 am and I can't quite get to sleep.   Keep replaying the game, the key moments.   

Torn between a strong admiration for the effort from UND boys vs BU and the what ifs.... just one post, one bounce, what if Hoff had just held his leg back instead of taking a stride, what is the definition of indisputable evidence, and so on.

Seems like this happens about every 5 years.  Last time was 2011 v Michigan.  Before that 2006 vs BC in Milwaukee.  The games where the boys left it all on the ice, outperformed the opponent but the scoreboard contradicts what reality should be.

Thanks boys for a great ride.  

Sleep will come.  Eventually. 

I do too man but remember that had we won, BU fans would've been having some of the same what ifs. But yah, I feel your pain, that's a tough way to lose but I'm so proud that they boys battled and even got themselves in the position to win in sudden death. Nothing will diminish how proud we all are of UND's never say die attitude, hustle, and work ethic. Many other teams would've picked it in down two goals late in the third. Not North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to give a tip-of-the-hat to Berry and staff. He is a class act demonstrated by his post-game presser - no whining, no bitching, complemented BU and couldn't talk
enough about about how proud he was of his boys. I know the PP could have been better, but really I think this team overachieved, and they were peaking at the right time. 
They were very young and lost a lot of studs from last year. Other teams were in the same boat and where are they? (see QU, BC and Michigan). I think it's a credit to the 
coaches instilling the Sioux tradition of excellence into a young team that got them to a high level, where other programs would have failed.    

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I think he means they showed video of the puck carrier alone and a video of the player being marked as offsides on camera alone, but weren't able to show both on the same camera at the same time. 

The still pic a few posts back WAS the shot that reversed the call.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The still pic a few posts back WAS the shot that reversed the call.

Rose colored glasses removed, I see his left heel is touching the line and the puck is on the line. Horrible call and I can't believe they would say that's indisputable evidence to call off a goal. 

• Upvote 1