SiouxSports.com Forum

If Not Us, Then Who?

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

This is Duluth's and Denver's shot at winning the National Title, and both have a lot of Seniors this year. If either one doesn't win it this year it might be a couple of years before they get another chance.

Yeah, they are both built for this to be their big year with a chance for the title.  Similar to us last year, or the Frattin senior year, etc.
UND has taken a few of those teams out recently as well...remember a couple years ago when UND took out UW with their last loaded team in the 1st round, then beat I believe FSU in OT to reach the F4.  That was UW's big chance to win another title.

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Agreed. The last thing I want to hear or see is Duluth fans thumping their chests. 

I work directly with a couple DU alums and we have a nice time ribbing each other...but there is mutual respect and it has been earned on both sides. I honestly can't say the same for Duluth. I have a couple "friends" who went to Duluth and the last time I heard from either of them was the night we lost to Minny at .06. That says a lot to me.

The friends I have who went to Duluth rooted for them during college but then moved back to the cities and reverted back to casual Gopher fans. I've met other UMD alum like this as well so it's not just my small sample size.  It's like the college hockey version of lesbian until graduation.

Do you live in a ski town? The only places I've ever seen DU gear has been on ski trips.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The friends I have who went to Duluth rooted for them during college but then moved back to the cities and reverted back to casual Gopher fans. I've met other UMD alum like this as well so it's not just my small sample size.  It's like the college hockey version of lesbian until graduation.

I think they only really have a handful of diehard fans...the same ones that post on forums, Twitter, etc.  They're the vocal ones that call out other fanbases, but then are also the first ones to cry about UND if any of that crap gets sent back their way.  :)

I saw their comments on Twitter about how UND fans were complaining about UMD playing "hard-nosed hockey" this weekend (and wanting a suspension for Pionk)...and them saying how that was hypocritical when UND has been known for playing that style for years.  But it was more the diving and flopping that got to me...UND has never played that cheap game.  That replay of Simonson and Osterberg getting into it is hilarious (where Simonson got the penalty).  Osterberg kept pushing, pushing, pushing...then Simo hit him once back and he flopped like he'd be shot from the rafters, complete with the head snap back and all.  Geez man.  This isn't soccer, man up and play the game.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I think they only really have a handful of diehard fans...the same ones that post on forums, Twitter, etc.  They're the vocal ones that call out other fanbases, but then are also the first ones to cry about UND if any of that crap gets sent back their way.  :)

I saw their comments on Twitter about how UND fans were complaining about UMD playing "hard-nosed hockey" this weekend (and wanting a suspension for Pionk)...and them saying how that was hypocritical when UND has been known for playing that style for years.  But it was more the diving and flopping that got to me...UND has never played that cheap game.  That replay of Simonson and Osterberg getting into it is hilarious (where Simonson got the penalty).  Osterberg kept pushing, pushing, pushing...then Simo hit him once back and he flopped like he'd be shot from the rafters, complete with the head snap back and all.  Geez man.  This isn't soccer, man up and play the game.

It's one or the other.  Play hard and cheap, or lame and dive.  You can't do both because it makes you less classless than you already are.....

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

DDC will have a breakdown of the ... well... questionable... actions of UMD in his blog tomorrow :) ... you can all make your judgements. Goonie had the video on his blog. It's laughable. I was literally laughing out loud it was so shameful.

I may move UMD to my second least favorite team over DU.

4 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I'll go
1. Air Force-Really like Serratore and love the way they compete.
2. Michigan Tech-They were at the bottom of the WCHA basically my whole life good to see them have success.
3. Denver-Good team, skilled players, and fun to watch still don't like them though
4. Minnesota-Rivalry is more fun when they are good as long as success isn't against us whatever. Again still don't like them though.
5-13. WMU plus the rest of the B1G teams plus the east coasters besides BU could be put in any order don't feel strongly about any of them.
14. BU-Still hate them from the constant hype of that Eichel team.

LAST. Duluth-Hate them don't want them to beat anyone ever again.

Since Hawk decided to address, I'll do the same and vehemently disagree with you that the Gophers winning a title is ever a good thing in any situation lol. They can be "good" without winning it all, right? Lol. However, I don't believe you're trolling ;)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Since Hawk decided to address, I'll do the same and vehemently disagree with you that the Gophers winning a title is ever a good thing in any situation lol. They can be "good" without winning it all, right? Lol. However, I don't believe you're trolling ;)

Sure they can be good and not win it all plenty of teams are. I really only want UND to win it all and don't really care who wins it if it isn't the Sioux but I made the list anyway. Being from Minnesota I have family and friends who are Gopher fans so I guess at least they would be happy.

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

DDC will have a breakdown of the ... well... questionable... actions of UMD in his blog tomorrow :) ... you can all make your judgements. Goonie had the video on his blog. It's laughable. I was literally laughing out loud it was so shameful.

Link?

19 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

My wife was astounded that I was laughing at the TV when UND went down 5-3 in the last minute of the game.  I couldn't take the Duluth diving anymore....:lol:

Definitely wish I had the video editing capability to put together a "highlights" of UMD from this game. Dirty hits, diving, and soap-opera worthy drama, oh my! Duluth fans can try to argue one or two of the videos away but if you captured all of it through the game, the trend is laughable and why Sandy is getting so much flack. There's no way a senior heavy team acts like that top to bottom without coaches not only allowing it for years but at least subtly condoning if not flat out endorsing. I finished the game equally frustrated for UND and deeply embarrassed for UMD fans and thankful we'll never have to be on the wrong side of a tainted win like that. Makes you wonder if that crap is why UMD has very few "good fans". They figure it out and don't stay fans for long. 

That said, can't wait to see us get the chance for payback in Fargo!!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Sure they can be good and not win it all plenty of teams are. I really only want UND to win it all and don't really care who wins it if it isn't the Sioux but I made the list anyway. Being from Minnesota I have family and friends who are Gopher fans so I guess at least they would be happy.

I couldn't handle that lol

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

My wife was astounded that I was laughing at the TV when UND went down 5-3 in the last minute of the game.  I couldn't take the Duluth diving anymore....:lol:

I was hurting after rewatching it. I'll have it laid out by the minute.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'll have it in my blog tomorrow, but you can see it on goonies blog now. Paging Mr. Goon?

Cool. My cousin is a huge Bulldog fan, and I'm getting sick of his bull. Want to throw that video in his face.

1 hour ago, snova4 said:

Cool. My cousin is a huge Bulldog fan, and I'm getting sick of his bull. Want to throw that video in his face.

Here you go, snova4... enjoy.... try to keep your dinner down.

http://daddydumpandchase.blogspot.com/2017/03/roses-and-thorns-trying-to-take-high.html

WARNING: Graphic content from a NCAA tournament title contender.... :D

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Brett0909 said:

Definitely wish I had the video editing capability to put together a "highlights" of UMD from this game. Dirty hits, diving, and soap-opera worthy drama, oh my! Duluth fans can try to argue one or two of the videos away but if you captured all of it through the game, the trend is laughable and why Sandy is getting so much flack. There's no way a senior heavy team acts like that top to bottom without coaches not only allowing it for years but at least subtly condoning if not flat out endorsing. I finished the game equally frustrated for UND and deeply embarrassed for UMD fans and thankful we'll never have to be on the wrong side of a tainted win like that. Makes you wonder if that crap is why UMD has very few "good fans". They figure it out and don't stay fans for long. 

That said, can't wait to see us get the chance for payback in Fargo!!

There you go, Brett... check out my link in my last post before this.

13 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Do you live in a ski town? The only places I've ever seen DU gear has been on ski trips.

Haha add in a subaru and the lesbo kit is complete. Yeah I live up in Summit County (Breckenridge). Lot's of DU grads up here.

Look at the game winning goal.  Tonninato for Duluth is holding Shaw's stick when puck is going to the corner.  Shaw should have dove like: Miska, Osterberg, Raskob etc....

Pionk laughing after he ran the goalie makes Duluth morons who think he shouldn't have gotten a game suspension even more wrong. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I'll go
1. Air Force-Really like Serratore and love the way they compete.
2. Michigan Tech-They were at the bottom of the WCHA basically my whole life good to see them have success.
3. Denver-Good team, skilled players, and fun to watch still don't like them though
4. Minnesota-Rivalry is more fun when they are good as long as success isn't against us whatever. Again still don't like them though.
5-13. WMU plus the rest of the B1G teams plus the east coasters besides BU could be put in any order don't feel strongly about any of them.
14. BU-Still hate them from the constant hype of that Eichel team.

LAST. Duluth-Hate them don't want them to beat anyone ever again.

ESPN dropped the ball on their selection show. They should have given Serratore a 15 minute segment!

• Upvote 2

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 11:01 AM, UNDHawks4life said:

I think it would be good for the UND v UofM rivalry if the gophers won this year. If we keep winning and they keep losing it will lose its luster after a while lol

Are you trying to set a record for down votes?

• Upvote 2

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 4:32 PM, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Air Force

Western Michigan

Michigan Tech

Union

Harvard

Cornell

Providence

Mass-Lowell

Notre Dame

DU

OSU

Penn State

BU

UMD

Minnesota

1. Air Force...I'm in the air force so...

2. Western Michigan...keep it in the NCHC.

3. Michigan Tech, got to love the old WCHA

4. DU, same as 2, only I dislike DU more

5. UMD, same as 2, normally they'd be higher but as previously mentioned, they were brutes this year.

6-11. Which ever team has the fewest title wins.

12.Notre Dame...first they go Hockey East and now Big Ten...jerks. 

13. Minnesota..I was born and raised there...and my brothers went there so I'll throw them a bone here.

14. OSU, down with Big Ten

15. PSU, their team lead to the WCHA falling apart. The jerks.