SiouxSports.com Forum

Tucker Poolman

yzerman19

Coach Jackson is on with JT on KNOX as we speak.  When asked by JT, his response was a large sigh followed by "as of yet, Tucker Poolman's playing status for Friday is undetermined."  Now, I understand that might be a stock answer, and it doesn't mean he will or won't,  but a few of you have stated that you are taking Coach Berry's word from the presser as gospel until you hear other wise.  So.......here's some otherwise to chew on.

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Coach Jackson is on with JT on KNOX as we speak.  When asked by JT, his response was a large sigh followed by "as of yet, Tucker Poolman's playing status for Friday is undetermined."  Now, I understand that might be a stock answer, and it doesn't mean he will or won't,  but a few of you have stated that you are taking Coach Berry's word from the presser as gospel until you hear other wise.  So.......here's some otherwise to chew on.

I'm sure they won't disclose his status until Thursday night or Friday. Again I hope my source is wrong but he has been spot on in the past.

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Did coach Jackson talk about the Duluth game?  He was visibly upset leaving the ice after that game.

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

my source has tucker skating on the olympic rink yesterday (to stay away from prying eyes?) but not taking any shots...slight swinging of his stick...

Definitely sounds like a dislocated shoulder

And no, I'm not a doctor....

but I did stay at a holiday inn last night.

2 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Did coach Jackson talk about the Duluth game?  He was visibly upset leaving the ice after that game.

Not that I heard.  But he was on with JT for about 20 minutes.  And, you know, I'm at work, so I didn't hear all of it.

8 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Yeah, I caught the last part; it went something like this...;)

Coach Jackson:  I have a personal announcement, though.  I am placing a personal bounty on the head of Neal Pionk.  He's a flopper and chief punk on that Duluth team.

Radio Announcer:   A bounty?

Coach Jackson:  Yeah.  A hundred bucks of my own money for the first of my men that nails that creep.

4 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, I caught the last part; it went something like this...;)

Coach Jackson:  I have a personal announcement, though.  I am placing a personal bounty on the head of Neal Pionk.  He's a flopper and chief punk on that Duluth team.

Radio Announcer:   A bounty?

Coach Jackson:  Yeah.  A hundred bucks of my own money for the first of my men that nails that creep.

and that was the annotated version

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think it's a huge step if he's in practice and taking shots.

Agreed, he wasn't working with the normal pairs though.  And his responses made it sound like he's a long shot.  We'll find out a tomorrow.

Tucker not practicing a full hour and not in the D pairing drills at the this stage of the season means nothing. He skated well and my source said he look to be limited with the shoulder marginally at best. I could be wrong but my money says he plays.

25 minutes ago, burd said:

Do you dress extra guys for the NCAA?  Not saying there's anything wrong with that--just asking. 

What? I was thinking each team dressed twenty players instead of 18. I realize you were trying to make a joke, I just don't understand it.

2 hours ago, snova4 said:

What? I was thinking each team dressed twenty players instead of 18. I realize you were trying to make a joke, I just don't understand it.

If you got my humor, snova, you'd have something to worry about.

• Upvote 1

Unlike alot of folks,  I have no sources.     I  am proud to admit this.  Truth be told, none of us do.  However,  like Dagies,  I do have a gut.  Most of us do.   My gut tells me that, after seeing Poolman leave the ice last Saturday,  he ain't playing today.  Hey, that's OK.  Better to rest him than to risk him.   This is D1 hockey.   Next man up.   It's time to man up.   We'll be fine.  With or without Poolman today.  We may or may not win, but we'll be fine.   See y'all in ChiTown.   Last chance to grab those great Frozen Four seats of mine over on the ticket thread.  Calling all believers.  Last.  Chance.  Number  Nine is on the Line.