SiouxSports.com Forum

Tucker Poolman

yzerman19

24 minutes ago, NOCO SIOUX said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Tucker in a sling at the Red Pepper last night. I guess it's pretty serious

Post of the year nominee

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, franchise said:

Played softball with a guy that would dislocate it a couple times a year.  Pop it in and go.

You were on a team with me? I'm not even sure I know you! In my experience of countless times dislocating my shoulder, the first time is the worst time. Now when it happens I just have to get into the right position so that gravity helps it slip back in and I'm ready to go, shoulder just as weak as it was at the start of the game. 

35 minutes ago, NOCO SIOUX said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Tucker in a sling at the Red Pepper last night. I guess it's pretty serious

Again I hope my buddy is wrong. 

1 minute ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

You were on a team with me? I'm not even sure I know you! In my experience of countless times dislocating my shoulder, the first time is the worst time. Now when it happens I just have to get into the right position so that gravity helps it slip back in and I'm ready to go, shoulder just as weak as it was at the start of the game. 

Agree 100%

Dislocated mine one summer, and the next year it would slip out while playing hockey and slip right back in. It would even slip out sometimes just walking across campus. Hurts, and has a twinge to it, but didn't really affect strength or range of motion. Initial dislocation definitely hurts the worst though. Probably should have had surgery on mine, as it still has some movement to it.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agree 100%

Dislocated mine one summer, and the next year it would slip out while playing hockey and slip right back in. It would even slip out sometimes just walking across campus. Hurts, and has a twinge to it, but didn't really affect strength or range of motion. Initial dislocation definitely hurts the worst though. Probably should have had surgery on mine, as it still has some movement to it.

I had my left arm ripped off from my body in a nasty altercation this year in our broomball league championship game.  EMS came out and wrapped it up for me so I could play the second half.  Once the game was over, I went in for emergency surgery to have it re-attached.  I don't get all the hoopla about Tucker Poolman...suck it up, buttercup.*  

*The above post is completely in jest.  Of course I hope TP is ready to go on Friday and that his injury is not serious.  If it is, big bummer for UND and for him as well.  Hope he gets well soon.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I had my left arm ripped off from my body in a nasty altercation this year in our broomball league championship game.  EMS came out and wrapped it up for me so I could play the second half.  Once the game was over, I went in for emergency surgery to have it re-attached.  I don't get all the hoopla about Tucker Poolman...suck it up, buttercup.*  

*The above post is completely in jest.  Of course I hope TP is ready to go on Friday and that his injury is not serious.  If it is, big bummer for UND and for him as well.  Hope he gets well soon.

I'm tellin ya, pour a little beer on it, and he'll be good to go.

Obviously hope Poolman plays, but I have far more faith in this defensive group than I did earlier this year. Shaw is playing nicely. Ausmus has been back to form after a rough stretch. Peski is probably the most improved player in the group. Made some real rookie errors early in the season, and looks poised to be a guy we will rely on for the next few years. Improvement across the board for these guys.

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I have the record for PIM in intramural broomball at UND, you should probably think about picking me up next season.

55 minutes ago, snova4 said:

He threw a couple heavy kidney shots.

He should've driven the cap of his right shin pad (full weight) into the spot he landed those two punches. Don't risk a hand or wrist when better tools for the job are available. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

I played with a guy that dislocated his shoulder put it back in place and played the rest of the game. He was doing the same thing Tucker did after the hit.

Depends how often it happens and how much damage is done while it pops out.  I popped my AC joint (multiple times) and there was no way I could play the next week.  The first time it was a 3-4 week injury and the second time it was a 2-3 month injury.  I'm a wuss though.

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

I played with a guy that dislocated his shoulder put it back in place and played the rest of the game. He was doing the same thing Tucker did after the hit.

This is why Berry said what he did, IMO. I bet they popped it back in, Tucker said I'm ready, the coach/trainer/dad said no you're done for today. Let it heal up for next weekend. All my guessing and hoping!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

This is why Berry said what he did, IMO. I bet they popped it back in, Tucker said I'm ready, the coach/trainer/dad said no you're done for today. Let it heal up for next weekend. All my guessing and hoping!

I was initially thinking he was done done.....judging by his reaction.  But this explanation also makes sense to me as well.  

11 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I also think this is the only reason UMD was able to get 3 of their 4 goals! The boys were a little upset by their real leader being knocked out of the game! Berry also said the true leaders of the team have taken over and that explains the recent success! I believe he was talking about Tucker and of course some others, but mainly Tucker. Again....More of my opinion!

21 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

That's what I was thinking.

30 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Depends how often it happens and how much damage is done while it pops out.  I popped my AC joint (multiple times) and there was no way I could play the next week.  The first time it was a 3-4 week injury and the second time it was a 2-3 month injury.  I'm a wuss though.

It happened twice, the second time was during a game the first time I can't remember.

8 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I also think this is the only reason UMD was able to get 3 of their 4 goals! The boys were a little upset by their real leader being knocked out of the game! Berry also said the true leaders of the team have taken over and that explains the recent success! I believe he was talking about Tucker and of course some others, but mainly Tucker. Again....More of my opinion!

Actually UMD scored 3 goals quick once he was hury (or at least 2).  I think the boys were shook up initially and settled down a bit.

1 hour ago, HockeyMom said:

I have the record for PIM in intramural broomball at UND, you should probably think about picking me up next season.

I used to play goalie in intramural hockey in the old Ralph at UND...excuse me "petey23" is that a martini shaker where the water bottle should be?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NOCO SIOUX said:

Tony's Aunt dislocated Chuck Norris' shoulder playing checkers

• Upvote 4