SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

Just a note for those coming in from out of town:  Construction on 32nd Ave in Fargo has started.  This runs from just east of I-29 to around 42nd St. 

If you're wondering what that means - it means take the I-94 exit off I-29 to either 45th St or Veteran's Blvd to get to the arena, or be prepared for traffic backup.  There are 2 truck stops on the 32nd Ave exit and lane closures, so things can get backed up/painful in a hurry!

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Just a note for those coming in from out of town:  Construction on 32nd Ave in Fargo has started.  This runs from just east of I-29 to around 42nd St. 

If you're wondering what that means - it means take the I-94 exit off I-29 to either 45th St or Veteran's Blvd to get to the arena, or be prepared for traffic backup.  There are 2 truck stops on the 32nd Ave exit and lane closures, so things can get backed up/painful in a hurry!

I second this. I live right off 32nd where the construction is happening and it's awful. 

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

If UND gets by BU on Friday, they are coming out of the regional. Its either one and done or Frozen 4.  I don't see a middle ground

Was texting my buddy the exact same thing over the noon hour.

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

Per Scheels Arena - SRO is now on north side only (south side has been filled with seats since 2015).

Students DO NOT get first jump on SRO on the north end.  It is all first come, first serve - gates set to open 60 minutes before game time, per the box office. Get ready for the Oklahoma Land Rush but as they noted, tickets were only sold in order to maximize the space comfortably.  I'm sure those on the ice/glass will be in for a mosh pit experience. 

Bulldog Tap will run shuttles but only starting at 1:00 (one hour before gametime).  Not sure about Gastropub. 

Is it Friday yet?

per UND students gats open 90 min before puck drop.

Tickets can be picked up now at Ralph Engelstad Arena until Wednesday at 5pm or they will be available at Scheels Arena starting Friday, March 24 at 10:00 AM in the main lobby. Doors to the venue will open at 12:30.  All student tickets are general admission in a student-only section, which will be standing room only behind the north goal.

also no free shuttle to softball lots this time, so no free parking besides restaurants/bars with shuttles.

Parking
Public parking is available on the south and west side of Scheels arena.  All parking lots are paved.

TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT. NO RE-ADMITTANCE TO SCHEELS ARENA.

Friday Game Times:
UND vs BU @ 2PM
UMD vs OSU @ 5PM

Doors open 90 minutes before the first game. Fan Fest begins at the same time in Farmers Union Insurance Center connected to Scheels Arena.

Saturday Game Time: 5:30pm
Doors open 90 minutes before the first game. Fan Fest begins at the same time in Farmers Union Insurance Center connected to Scheels Arena.

Parking:
– $10 per car. CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED.
– Avoid 32nd Avenue South (construction from I-29 to 45th Street South) when traveling to Scheels Arena.
– Use I94 to 45th Street or I94 to Veterans Avenue.

Shuttles:
– Gastro Pub, Bulldog Tap, and Brickhouse Tavern

Fan Fest:
– $20/ticket. MUST have ticket to the tournament games.
– Tickets can only be purchased in person at the Scheels Arena box office between 11AM-6PM or the day of the event. Recommended to buy in advance.
– Opens 90 minutes at 12:30PM on Friday. 4PM on Saturday.
– Remains open 60 minutes after final game of each day.
– It will be open between games on Friday. NOT OPEN during intermissions.
– All ages are admitted.

Team Practices Open to Public: Thursday, March 23
BU: 11:30AM-12:30PM
UND: 12:45-1:45PM
UMD: 2-3PM
OSU: 3:15-4:15PM

http://scheelsarena.com/ncaa-west-regional-information/

Tickets purchased through UND will be available Thursday at 5 PM.  Fan Fest tix ordered through UND will be available at that time as well. The $20 admission covers access to the site, entertainment including a DJ and feeds of any other Regional being played at that time, food/drinks for purchase.  90 minutes prior to puck drop is the scheduled door time for this event.

Fan Fest tickets will be available for purchase at 11:00 AM Friday and through the games.

Thank you,

Nicole Fred

Vice President – Ticket Operations

Scheels Arena

(w) 701.356.4390

(c) 701.238.5523

nfred@scheelsarena.com

Just an FYI for anyone looking for tickets. A friend of mine called UND, UMD and BU ticket offices and purchased 2 tickets from UND and already got called back from UMD in which she could have purchased more (she only wanted two so just bought the ones from UND). She is also supposed to get a call back from BU tomorrow. Tickets are out there so make some calls Sioux fans.

4 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Just an FYI for anyone looking for tickets. A friend of mine called UND, UMD and BU ticket offices and purchased 2 tickets from UND and already got called back from UMD in which she could have purchased more (she only wanted two so just bought the ones from UND). She is also supposed to get a call back from BU tomorrow. Tickets are out there so make some calls Sioux fans.

Yes good news I am still waiting for that call from UMD or BU....Do you know if the UMD ones were seated or SRO?

Not sure what to think about this BU squad. Obviously, loaded with talent; Which everyone knows. We will hear all about the Diaper Dandies during the broadcast on Friday.

Seem that this team has had some of the same struggles as UND though. Tons of ups and downs. Some great wins and some bizarre losses. I think this weekend comes down to consistency, which UND seems to be finding, and experience. UND had a better finish to their regular season than BU did, though BU still won some big games. I still give UND the edge with experience and location. UND has more players with more experience in this tournament. UND certainly gets the edge with the location and the crowd. I’ll take UND to win! (Like I would pick anything else) :) 

Boston University

Swept in 2 games in Denver – Understandable. Long trip, DU is really good, BU is really young, and this was the beginning of the year. Two close games.

Lost 4-0 to Connecticut (12-16-8) – What?

Beat Harvard 4-3 – Obviously Harvard is pretty talented this season.

Swept BC

Got swept by Merrimack – Huh?

North Dakota

Started the season 5-0

Followed by a 4 game winless streak

Followed by a sweep IN St. Cloud

Followed by a loss and a tie to Mich St … at home – WHAT?

Then a win over Boston College

Scored 16 goals against Omaha to start 2017

Followed by the worst 2 month stretch in recent UND history (including getting shut out 3 times! (UMD, CC, UNO)

Finished the season sweeping Miami, SCSU, and shutting out #1 DU; tight/controversial loss to UMD

1 hour ago, franchise said:

That brings an interesting question to mind...better to have to stand in a sea of Sioux fans or have seats but amidst UMD fans?

I'd think you would have plenty of back up in the building should you need it among the butthead UMD fans.

49 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'd think you would have plenty of back up in the building should you need it among the butthead UMD fans.

Last time the St. Cloud fans and band were right by the student section, if UMD is this time then there will be alot of back and forth again