5 - Harvard
6 - UMass Lowell
7 - Union
8 - Providence
9 - Cornell
10 - Ohio State
11 - Notre Dame
12 - Penn State
13 - Boston U -- Eichel year loss still hurts, would love to end their season after all their hype
14 - Duluth -- last weekend made them even more hated, don't want the flopping hacks to win
15 - Denver -- don't want them to tie us in titles
16 - Minnesota -- don't want them to close the gap in titles

• Upvote 1

So a couple of non-game questions…the Fan-Fest event is held at Scheels arena and ticket needed to be purchased ahead of time? Correct? And this is separate from the Sioux Pre-game party, which should be held off site? Any info on where and what times for the pre-game party?

Parking I believe isn’t bad if you have a pass, if not probably come early usually Force games aren’t bad but will probably be 2000 more people there than a Force game…Bulldog tap should be running shuttles, I would think the Sioux pregame would run shuttles, and possibly a few other businesses in the area…

10 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

I live across the street from scheels arena so my place? Lol. If it was up to me I would suggest brewtus brickhouse for this. Awesome new bar just a couple blocks west of the arena. 

Stopped into Brewtus on Saturday and talked to Dusty.  They will have buses and are also the ones running the "on site, but separate ticket" bar and such on the other sheet at Scheels (the VIP Lounge, or whatever they're calling it).  Brewtus is also all ages, for people who need that, and has delicious pizza and walleye fingers.  The other food there has been good, but not special, in my experience.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

Rank order of teams I want to see win the 2017 national title:

16 - Edina High School  - those poor hockey kids never seem to win anything.  It's time to change that.

17 - North Carolina - March always sucks in Chapel Hill...would be nice for that school to actually have some excitement in the springtime.

18 - Duke - same thing as UNC.  It's a shame no one knows who these guys are.

19 - The Soviet 1980 Olympic team - seemed like a a nice bunch of young fellas.  They really got a raw deal 37 years ago. 

20 - Minnesota -- don't want them to close the gap in titles

Fixed your post a little bit to reflect my sentiments.  

18 minutes ago, franchise said:

I'm guessing that fan Fest will be the better option for reserved ticket holders while those with SRO will want to be lining up?

I am curious on how the SRO tickets work. Mine says Row 1, seat something. Is it a first come first serve or how does it work? Maybe I should call sheels arena and find out. 

found this: 

The North Dakota Champions Club is hosting an official UND pregame party at Fargo Billiards and Gastro Pub. The pregame party starts three hours prior to any game in which UND is participating. A shuttle service will run between Fargo Billiards and Gastro Pub and Scheels Arena. There will be shuttles to and from Scheels Arena and other establishments that will be announced later in the week on social media accounts.

A fan fest will be held on the adjoining ice sheet at Scheels Arena, which will feature local food vendors, alcohol sales for those of age and other regional games on projection screens. Tickets to the fan fest are $20 and can be purchased in person at Scheels Arena during normal box office hours. In order to purchase a fan fest ticket, a ticket into the tournament must be purchased.

The fan fest will open 90 minutes before the first game of each day and will stay open 60 minutes after the conclusion of the final game of each day.  The fan fest will also be open between semi-final games on Friday.

12 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Anyone know when regional tickets to opposing schools generally go on sale? Asking for a friend :)

At this time, available tickets to the NCAA West Regional are sold out. Should tickets currently being held for various groups per NCAA bid specifications become available, those tickets will go on sale to the general public in person only at the Scheels Arena Box office on Thursday, March 23 at 9 a.m.

UND Athletics will make an official announcement the afternoon of Wednesday, March 25 on UNDsports.com and official social media outlets if tickets become available.

44 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

At this time, available tickets to the NCAA West Regional are sold out. Should tickets currently being held for various groups per NCAA bid specifications become available, those tickets will go on sale to the general public in person only at the Scheels Arena Box office on Thursday, March 23 at 9 a.m.

UND Athletics will make an official announcement the afternoon of Wednesday, March 25 on UNDsports.com and official social media outlets if tickets become available.

They are talking about buying tickets through the other colleges. It worked last time.

I think it's as easy as giving them a call.

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

They are talking about buying tickets through the other colleges. It worked last time.

I think it's as easy as giving them a call.

Yep, when 'my friend' called St. Cloud in 2015 for tickets in Fargo, they were told they were taking orders from season ticket holders first but would call me if anything was still available after the STH deadline passed.  Sure enough, to my surprise, a couple days later the phone rang and I, I mean 'they', was offered tickets.

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

Rank order of teams I want to see win the 2017 national title:

1 - North Dakota -- easy decision
2 - Western Michigan -- keep it in the NCHC
3 - Michigan Tech -- old WCHA foe back to prominence
4 - Air Force
5 - Harvard
6 - UMass Lowell
7 - Union
8 - Providence
9 - Cornell
10 - Ohio State
11 - Notre Dame
12 - Penn State
13 - Boston U -- Eichel year loss still hurts, would love to end their season after all their hype
14 - Duluth -- last weekend made them even more hated, don't want the flopping hacks to win
15 - Denver -- don't want them to tie us in titles
16 - Minnesota -- don't want them to close the gap in titles

Mostly agree with Lowell higher than Harvard and Providence lower since they won it all recently under the same dubious "benefit of hosting without actually hosting" situation.

FYI......Izumi's on Veteran's has all you can eat sushi over the noon hour for $17.00.  They'll make whatever you order and will keep it coming per your request.  If you like sushi it's the best deal in town and really good IMO.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

Ohio State information:

Ohio State Athletic Ticket Office
555 Borror Dr
Room 1020
Columbus, OH 43210
Phone: (614) 292-2624 | Fax: (614) 688-3032
Email: athletic.tix@osu.edu

Good info. I actually called the UMD Ticket office (218)726-8595 and they said they are taking names and phone numbers and gathering a list and will call back this afternoon for anyone that wants to purchase them. Being a Sioux fan living in Duluth/Iron Range can have its benefits. I would suggest anyone else looking for tickets to call asap and get on the list. If needed i can possibly pick some up and bring them out for any Sioux fans this weekend. Not sure if they are SRO or seating. I have 2 SRO right now that I may just sell if I can get some real seats perhaps. Just figured Id pass this along and hopefully the more Sioux fans the better! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kooshnitz said:

Good info. I actually called the UMD Ticket office (218)726-8595 and they said they are taking names and phone numbers and gathering a list and will call back this afternoon for anyone that wants to purchase them. Being a Sioux fan living in Duluth/Iron Range can have its benefits. I would suggest anyone else looking for tickets to call asap and get on the list. If needed i can possibly pick some up and bring them out for any Sioux fans this weekend. Not sure if they are SRO or seating. I have 2 SRO right now that I may just sell if I can get some real seats perhaps. Just figured Id pass this along and hopefully the more Sioux fans the better! 

Called and got my name on the list, thanks!