SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

People like that are not to be believed.....hes trying to turn fast money.....buy many for $5 give 10 back and sell as many as he can for way more...... i know this type of low life pile.....lots of hate in that one.

Sad.

And there would be many willing Boston fans, flying in Sat if they could get a ticket.

10 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm going to throw a shoutout to @BurntBoats, who is a Boston University fan. On Twitter, this person is very intolerable. Already called me a racist several times just because of my twitter handle and logo. BUT offering to buy tickets for less fortunate people, IF UND loses and tickets become available, which is a very admirable move, and for that I will overlook the unkind things that he has had to say to me, and about a large amount of our fan base.

I would encourage anyone on twitter to take the high road, and compliment this individual of his intentions, despite any vulgar put downs you may receive.

I think most, not all, of us can understand that there are people opposed to old Fighting Sioux nickname. Everyone has their own reasons, whether it has to do with their own heritage and beliefs, or their own socio-political beliefs. I also think, there can be an understanding between those who support the old name, but understand those who don't; and those who did not support the old name, but understand why some did. This is not one of those people. Unfortunately, this is a closed minded individual, who believes if you wear the logo, you are racist in every sense of the word, and uses the word racist in a very liberal manner.

It is not worth arguing with this individual, as you will accomplish nothing, but I do encourage fans to take the high road and compliment this person on their intentions. Again, IF UND were to lose and this person donates tickets to less fortunate, that is a very commendable action.

Just my opinion.

He's a terrible person. He harassed me a few years ago for defending UND taking a bus to Omaha. By his logic, UND is the richest team in college hockey so we should fly everywhere. 

22 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Check you cable package. ESPN U may be included. ESPN 3 games are online only. If you have a Roku, or similar device, you should be able to watch the games through the ESPN app on that device.

So thankful!! I checked on Apple TV and there it was, don't have to beg the neighbors! Now if I could just do something about these inconvenient game times. Oh well. 

• Upvote 1

Most of my life I have cheered for Duluth.  I am overwhelmingly against them from this point on.  Their dirty play cost UND Boeser, Jost, and T. Poolman  this season.  I witnessed their diving, their relentless jawing with opponents and officials.   Nice to see 37 fans showed up for them in Fargo btw...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I get the reason they wanted to put UND v BU as the first game to get a big crowd showcased on ESPN2. But looking at the UMD/Ohio St game.....yikes!!  They should try to put the host team in the second game if the make it as much as possibly to avoid crowds like this......

IMG_0696.PNG

That is embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I know, but fro a regional hosted by UND and no ones there looks bad, at least to me.

I agree. I know I would of stuck around for the second game. I wonder if people were able to leave and comeback in that there would of been more butts in the seats. From what I understand once you left the building you couldn't come back in. 

Just now, sioux rube said:

I agree. I know I would of stuck around for the second game. I wonder if people were able to leave and comeback in that there would of been more butts in the seats. 

The NCAA will want UND to play the late game from now on in Fargo.

I would have stayed also.

Another reason to leave was the "Fan Fest".....it was awefull.....

$20 to get in and then $6 beers....terrible $6 food options.... and it was closed down during the second game so many ended up with unused drink tickets.

That combined with not great food options had me thinking about taking off too.

We stayed but it wasnt really fun....

I didn't go to the game, but I honestly can't fault anyone who left. 

I don't know if I would have stayed, I guess it would have depended how my day was going. (Case in point: I was having a really bad day before the game so today probably would have been one I left). 

Hopefully more fans will return for the UMD/BU game tomorrow. They played in the regional final a couple years ago and from what I remember I'm guessing UMD probably still remembers that one also, so it should be a good game. Another experience vs young talent showdown.

• Upvote 1