SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

On the north side for SRO there is a natural, permanent gap for the Zamboni.   Each of the two "platforms" has 3 rows that can go 3 or 4 deep depending on how crowded people want to be.  On the glass will be a prime spot for a lot of people.

I was wondering what they would do with that area - it's been left flat most (all?) season for Force games.

17 minutes ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Our squad looked great at practice today! My son had a blast seeing the players that up close. 

output.jpg

That's awesome, was that his fist time seeing them live?  I've got tickets as well, hopefully a good game for the guys in green!!!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Pardon my ignorance, champion's club members with their tickets, anyone know where "SC-Lounge" section is at the rink? Went to Scheels arena after work and young box office girl was not sure.

I am guessing it is the Bud Light Lounge renamed for the weekend?

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I've yet to see this team live yet this year. That's unusual for me in a year. I hope to see Jost live twice this weekend.

You were right in December at the Hawks' Nest on the Danny Rocco move to Delaware, hope your right again, this time at Scheel's Arena and see Jost live on Saturday.

9 hours ago, SiouxUSAF said:

Hello everyone! Been lurking on here for the past couple of weeks to get insight because I've never paid this close of attention to the Playoff process. I went to UND pre name change and joined the military among other things and now am back to finish my degree. I'm from Duluth, but saw the Frozen Faceoff with my own eyes and any loyalty I had for the team my dad had season tickets to when I was a kid is gone after that fiasco. 

Now, back on topic, I just didn't want to do my first post and have people wonder who I am :lol:

I scored a ticket the the regional and had a question about the fan fest. Is beer comparable in price to what it would be at the Ralph/X/Target Center or is it cheaper? Is it quicker to get in from the fan fest versus the normal gate? I'm just trying decide whether it's worth it to get a ticket to it or not. 

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, SiouxUSAF said:

How early would you all suggest getting there for SRO tickets?

Even probably an hour before would be okay. Glass will be gone right away with people who been there all morning, but beyond that didnt fill too fast until 30 min till game time last time. The fam fest may help slow the filling of the area too.

I'm going to throw a shoutout to @BurntBoats, who is a Boston University fan. On Twitter, this person is very intolerable. Already called me a racist several times just because of my twitter handle and logo. BUT offering to buy tickets for less fortunate people, IF UND loses and tickets become available, which is a very admirable move, and for that I will overlook the unkind things that he has had to say to me, and about a large amount of our fan base.

I would encourage anyone on twitter to take the high road, and compliment this individual of his intentions, despite any vulgar put downs you may receive.

I think most, not all, of us can understand that there are people opposed to old Fighting Sioux nickname. Everyone has their own reasons, whether it has to do with their own heritage and beliefs, or their own socio-political beliefs. I also think, there can be an understanding between those who support the old name, but understand those who don't; and those who did not support the old name, but understand why some did. This is not one of those people. Unfortunately, this is a closed minded individual, who believes if you wear the logo, you are racist in every sense of the word, and uses the word racist in a very liberal manner.

It is not worth arguing with this individual, as you will accomplish nothing, but I do encourage fans to take the high road and compliment this person on their intentions. Again, IF UND were to lose and this person donates tickets to less fortunate, that is a very commendable action.

Just my opinion.

28 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm going to throw a shoutout to @BurntBoats, who is a Boston University fan. On Twitter, this person is very intolerable. Already called me a racist several times just because of my twitter handle and logo. BUT offering to buy tickets for less fortunate people, IF UND loses and tickets become available, which is a very admirable move, and for that I will overlook the unkind things that he has had to say to me, and about a large amount of our fan base.

Why even respond? Im sure he's joking about buying for the less fortunate...

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I would encourage anyone on twitter to take the high road, and compliment this individual of his intentions, despite any vulgar put downs you may receive.

I think most, not all, of us can understand that there are people opposed to old Fighting Sioux nickname. Everyone has their own reasons, whether it has to do with their own heritage and beliefs, or their own socio-political beliefs. I also think, there can be an understanding between those who support the old name, but understand those who don't; and those who did not support the old name, but understand why some did. This is not one of those people. Unfortunately, this is a closed minded individual, who believes if you wear the logo, you are racist in every sense of the word, and uses the word racist in a very liberal manner.

It is not worth arguing with this individual, as you will accomplish nothing, but I do encourage fans to take the high road and compliment this person on their intentions. Again, IF UND were to lose and this person donates tickets to less fortunate, that is a very commendable action.

Just my opinion.

Wow. guy seems like a major ass. Thankfully I don't have a Twitter account :lol:

2 minutes ago, SiouxUSAF said:

Wow. guy seems like a major ass. Thankfully I don't have a Twitter account :lol:

Yep, there are plenty of people from opposing teams on twitter that can talk hockey and rib eachother in good nature. He is not one of them. Though, if he is sincere in his potential donation, then it is hard not to support that. If he is truly full of BS and just being even more of a jerk, then he can deal with that when he meets his maker.

No way I'm gonna stoop to this guys level and bicker with him about some of this garbage. In his opinion if you wear, wore, or ever will wear a Sioux logo, you are a racist. Shows how ignorant some folks are. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Seems like a dick move someone like him would make. But hey who knows. But who would sell their tickets for $5 or less?

Yeah, i guess. Frankly, I'm just looking forward to the game tomorrow, and pulling for a big time Fighting Sioux win! Can't wait!!!

• Upvote 1