SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

13 minutes ago, SiouxUSAF said:

Hello everyone! Been lurking on here for the past couple of weeks to get insight because I've never paid this close of attention to the Playoff process. I went to UND pre name change and joined the military among other things and now am back to finish my degree. I'm from Duluth, but saw the Frozen Faceoff with my own eyes and any loyalty I had for the team my dad had season tickets to when I was a kid is gone after that fiasco. 

Now, back on topic, I just didn't want to do my first post and have people wonder who I am :lol:

I scored a ticket the the regional and had a question about the fan fest. Is beer comparable in price to what it would be at the Ralph/X/Target Center or is it cheaper? Is it quicker to get in from the fan fest versus the normal gate? I'm just trying decide whether it's worth it to get a ticket to it or not. 

Welcome! As they didn't have the fanfest back in 2015, I'm not sure as to the answer. If I had to guess you're probably looking at $5-6/beer so maybe slightly cheaper?

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

The Fargo tv media claimed last time it was in town it was the biggest sporting event the city had ever had.

They said the same thing this morning on KVLY (the Bison channel) and Kristi Larson was at the arena showing the line up of people waiting on ticket sales to open!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Public service announcement for all dog owners, particularly in the Fargo/Moorhead area. There will be free dog neutering service provided at the Scheels Arena this weekend, so bring your Bulldogs and Terriers! :D

... and Buckeyes too :blink:

About time someone offered neutering for my buckeye!

15 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Public service announcement for all dog owners, particularly in the Fargo/Moorhead area. There will be free dog neutering service provided at the Scheels Arena this weekend, so bring your Bulldogs and Terriers! :D

... and Buckeyes too :blink:

Quit being  NUTS:silly:

• Upvote 3

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, siouxforcefans said:

Zamboni end is still SRO.  The other (south) end is all seats all the way down.  Permanent install, now looks like any other arena for sections 112, 113, and 114.  IMHO, you're in a great spot right there on the end -

Edit: Scheels Arena is the only hockey arena I spend more time in than the Ralph.

On the north side for SRO there is a natural, permanent gap for the Zamboni.   Each of the two "platforms" has 3 rows that can go 3 or 4 deep depending on how crowded people want to be.  On the glass will be a prime spot for a lot of people.