SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

55 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Transaction went through today and I called for my tickets yesterday afternoon.

I have a feeling that is what is going to happen for me too.  I called back to her and she said she has the receipt.  I am just going to have to trust it and k sera sera .

3 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

I have a feeling that is what is going to happen for me too.  I called back to her and she said she has the receipt.  I am just going to have to trust it and k sera sera .

I thought I remember seeing tables from other schools where people were picking up tickets last time....or I may have imagined it....one or the other 

14 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Ok, so we get by BU on Friday and end up playing the UMD diving team on Saturday...Sioux are up 4-1 with one minute to go and we are coming down on a 2-1 with Cole Smith and Trevor Olson...Do we A) Try to score, B) Play the puck into the corner and hold it against the boards to burn up the clock, or C) Have both players launch themselves like a missile into the Duluth goalie at the same time in order to take him out of the game.  I vote for option C, what do you guys think? :)

Here is a direct quote from the VOX of Bull pups... rationalizing why Pionk was not kicked out of the game.  As he saw it - Pionk just lost his balance.

(Frankly, wouldn't have been mad if Pionk had been tossed for it, but right before the hit, it looks like he loses his balance a bit, as if he were trying to stop and couldn't. Weird sequence looking at the clip, and it was probably enough to keep him in the game.)

Go my tickets through Ohio St.   Billed to my account, said would be ava at will call.   Went to scheels arena said each school handles there own , with a table set up.  They could not tell me when or anything.  Called ohio st ticket office,  they did not know either.   lol lol 

Just an FYI about Scheels arena:

Last time on the first night it was check your ticket and go in.

Second night it was get searched before admission to catch any booze (or food too) coming in, but that got stopped as it took too long and lines were backed up so far they would not get people in before game time, so they stopped.

I have no idea what the plans are this year, just be aware....

1 hour ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I was also wondering how early others were getting there for SRO. If anyone wants to let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it! Still trying to get plans for Friday figured out

I went to the 2015 regional with a student SRO ticket. We got to the doors about a half hour before they opened them, so about 2 hours. We got on the glass right off the bottom of the stairs and it was probably the best option if someone had to run to the restroom quick. People were pretty respectful about letting them back to their spots. I did watch the other games from the top riser of the bleachers( i think they are 3 or 4 levels?) and that was a great view as well. 

It was a fun atmosphere mixing some students and adults together, fun times and crazy loud!!

1 hour ago, DB Cooper said:

I went to the 2015 regional with a student SRO ticket. We got to the doors about a half hour before they opened them, so about 2 hours. We got on the glass right off the bottom of the stairs and it was probably the best option if someone had to run to the restroom quick. People were pretty respectful about letting them back to their spots. I did watch the other games from the top riser of the bleachers( i think they are 3 or 4 levels?) and that was a great view as well. 

This makes me feel better about not having to wait in line all morning.

1 hour ago, LuvHockey said:

Just an FYI about Scheels arena:

Last time on the first night it was check your ticket and go in.

Second night it was get searched before admission to catch any booze (or food too) coming in, but that got stopped as it took too long and lines were backed up so far they would not get people in before game time, so they stopped.

I have no idea what the plans are this year, just be aware....

Hopefully they don't check. I need to smuggle in protein bars...haha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

If we got tickets from UMD, I'm assuming we get separate tickets for both nights, right?  (no such thing as a dub question)

I'll let you know I'm picking my tickets up from the box office in Duluth tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

I am no angle and have smuggled glass into a game. Even done it as a minor in the Barn. I would ask that all you jolly fans bring your empties back out the door, and encourage other Hawks to do the same. There were a lot of empties left in the building two years ago, and that works against you this year. There was talk about the magnitude of glass in the arena that wasn't on the boards. Be smart, those given the opportunity to right you will gladly do so, there's some envy in that community. Put a smile on for me, be Hawk Smart!

23 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I don't get the hate for Starman. He knows the game really well and points out things that I would miss and I've been watching hockey a few years. He also has a lot of good background on players.

I tend to agree with you. 

13 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't really understand the no alcohol at the NCAA event thing. Unless we're feeding the beer to underage kids, why does it matter who is actually playing. If you are at an entertainment event, and you are of age, what is the problem?

Point made, they're hypocritical.  Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  I'm sure you'll see beer ads on tv during commercials but that's fine cus they're making money off that.