SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

They must have changed the seating in the arena since the last regional. The standing room seats are on the end where the zamboni comes out and where the standing room seats were on the other end there are actual seats? Has anyone been there recently. My tickets are in 113 row B. I haven't been able to find any recent pictures to show where seats have replaced the old standing room area?

12 minutes ago, fight on sioux said:

They must have changed the seating in the arena since the last regional. The standing room seats are on the end where the zamboni comes out and where the standing room seats were on the other end there are actual seats? Has anyone been there recently. My tickets are in 113 row B. I haven't been able to find any recent pictures to show where seats have replaced the old standing room area?

Zamboni end is still SRO.  The other (south) end is all seats all the way down.  Permanent install, now looks like any other arena for sections 112, 113, and 114.  IMHO, you're in a great spot right there on the end -

Edit: Scheels Arena is the only hockey arena I spend more time in than the Ralph.

Just now, siouxforcefans said:

Zamboni end is still SRO.  The other (south) end is all seats all the way down.  Permanent install, now looks like any other arena for sections 112, 113, and 114.  IMHO, you're in a great spot right there on the end -

Yeah 2 rows off the glass... Thanks for the info!

55 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I gave them my credit card info yesterday.  Haven't seen anything yet, but I called just before I saw your post and they told me it went through.  Gave me the last for numbers on the card as well.  Hope they don't still have the whole thing.

FYI, I also called Scheels Arena, and they said that Duluth will be bringing their own ticket people and they will have a separate table with the tickets.  Scheels told me, today, that the Duluth ticket booth would be open around 9:00 AM on Friday, and Duluth told me, yesterday, that the booth wouldn't be open until 1:00.  Does anyone know the correct info?

50 minutes ago, mn_sioux said:

The UMD ticket office told me 1pm . I wonder what they will say when I show up with my Sioux jersey on :)

I was also told 1:00 pm.  And I'll be there full of green as well, but I don't think that'll surprise them.  When they called me to offer me tickets, they didn't seem too thrilled about it - I'm sure they knew I wasn't a Bulldog fan.  I've also heard stories about people calling them the past 2 days saying they were from the Duluth area, and while on the phone with them and giving them their name they looked them up on LinkedIn and wouldn't sell them tickets! :lol:

44 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Edit: Scheels Arena is the only hockey arena I spend more time in than the Ralph.

So you're saying it's safe to go to the bathroom at intermission cuz SRO loses their spots for the Zamboni anyway?

Heading to the practice sessions tomorrow.  I am most interested to see what BU has to offer and also to see what we may get out of Tucker :/

I'm so glad this event is in Fargo - simply incredible to have this kind of talent and an event of this magnitude for the second time in three years.

God. Bless. Hockey.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Heading to the practice sessions tomorrow.  I am most interested to see what BU has to offer and also to see what we may get out of Tucker :/

I'm so glad this event is in Fargo - simply incredible to have this kind of talent and an event of this magnitude for the second time in three years.

God. Bless. Hockey.

BU's goalie kicks out big rebounds.

2 hours ago, MNBen said:

I posted this in another thread...

SlingTV has a free 7-day trial:   https://www.sling.com/

You can watch on any internet-enabled device, including downloading their app using that as well.

Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation.  I usually get the free trial every year to watch this weekend on ESPNU.

I was thinking of doing that this year but logging in and using the watchespn app. Sounds like their steaming app isn't very good sometimes.

Has anyone heard anything definite as far as earliest ticket pick-up times at the arena for Duluth and BU purchased tickets?  It's just amazing that the ticketing is handled this way.  I can't tell if they do it this inefficiently by design or what the reasoning is.  Why not allow for home printing or at least just release the will-call ticket information to the arena box office and let them handle the pick-ups?  It's hard to believe it's necessary to have a separate table and representative present from each school to hand out their respective tickets and that they physically mail out the tickets from the schools to the arena.

5 minutes ago, Telly33 said:

Has anyone heard anything definite as far as earliest ticket pick-up times at the arena for Duluth and BU purchased tickets?  It's just amazing that the ticketing is handled this way.  I can't tell if they do it this inefficiently by design or what the reasoning is.  Why not allow for home printing or at least just release the will-call ticket information to the arena box office and let them handle the pick-ups?  It's hard to believe it's necessary to have a separate table and representative present from each school to hand out their respective tickets and that they physically mail out the tickets from the schools to the arena.

1pm Friday is what they told me

2 minutes ago, Telly33 said:

The schools are mailed the physical tickets and have only hard copies, so no electronic copies are ever created. That would likely end up as an even bigger mess to handle on a short turnaround and semi-large scale. It is less of a hassle for them to have someone sit in the lobby to distribute tickets than it is for them trying to e-mail out tickets and having people calling with technical issues. Since the schools are the ones selling the tickets and have the info, it doesn't makes sense to have 4 different schools trying to give the information to the ticket office to try to deal with, especially when they aren't being paid for it.

22 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Would you be able to tell me if getting to SRO early will make a large difference in my view for the game or will I just be further back on the risers?

Thanks

It did in 2015 if you wanted a spot on the glass…after that it really didn’t matter most everyone was courteous and moved around a bit.…except for those glass snobs they got their spot and stuck to it….now with the Zamboni situation you might be able to hockey yourself in to a better spot..maybe….you also don’t want to be that dickhead guy that’s a complete a$$ the whole time….or do you ;)

18 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

It did in 2015 if you wanted a spot on the glass…after that it really didn’t matter most everyone was courteous and moved around a bit.…except for those glass snobs they got their spot and stuck to it….now with the Zamboni situation you might be able to hockey yourself in to a better spot..maybe….you also don’t want to be that dickhead guy that’s a complete a$$ the whole time….or do you ;)

Sounds like it's not too bad.  I've been debating on trying to get some seats because I envision no room, limited view, etc

54 minutes ago, franchise said:

So you're saying it's safe to go to the bathroom at intermission cuz SRO loses their spots for the Zamboni anyway?

Not sure what they'll do, as there's space on both sides of the Zamboni tunnel.  If they let people stand in that space during the game, they'll all have to go somewhere during the intermissions.  BTW, the stairs are on the short-side of the space, so you'll have to cross past the Zamboni doors to get to the main standing area.

46 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Would you be able to tell me if getting to SRO early will make a large difference in my view for the game or will I just be further back on the risers?

Thanks

When I watched Force games from the SRO areas in there, I actually preferred to be on the riser and look over the top.  If you can be right against the glass, that's a great view, but 2-3 people back, I'd rather be up.  I'm only about 5'11", so a really tall guy can still obscure my view watching from the floor.  Also, the floor is about 2" lower than the ice.

40 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I was thinking of doing that this year but logging in and using the watchespn app. Sounds like their steaming app isn't very good sometimes.

PlayStation Vue is also an option for those looking to stream for those with Roku. Free trial as well. I have both. (Long story) 

Delay with both, and will agree on Sling not always being the greatest streams. 

56 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Thanks

I was also wondering how early others were getting there for SRO. If anyone wants to let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it! Still trying to get plans for Friday figured out

34 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

8 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Not sure what they'll do, as there's space on both sides of the Zamboni tunnel.  If they let people stand in that space during the game, they'll all have to go somewhere during the intermissions.  BTW, the stairs are on the short-side of the space, so you'll have to cross past the Zamboni doors to get to the main standing area.

When I watched Force games from the SRO areas in there, I actually preferred to be on the riser and look over the top.  If you can be right against the glass, that's a great view, but 2-3 people back, I'd rather be up.  I'm only about 5'11", so a really tall guy can still obscure my view watching from the floor.  Also, the floor is about 2" lower than the ice.

Great, thanks for the info! Sounds like I'm gonna have some drinks at Gastropub and the pregame party and not worry about rushing to get a spot.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I was also wondering how early others were getting there for SRO. If anyone wants to let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it! Still trying to get plans for Friday figured out

I have nothing to go on, but the wife and I were going to leave Bemidji about 8am and go straight there and check it out.  If it's a line, I guess we'll jump in.  If not, maybe we'll just chill in the car for a bit