SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, Telly33 said:

OSU is a tough nut to crack, that's for sure.  I even setup an account on their athletic ticketing website with a non-701 phone and non-ND mailing address so I could refer to that when I called.  They still said we're not sure if we're going to be doing a public offering yet at this point.  This was after lengthy holds so they could talk to supervisors.

Curious if anyone has had any luck whatsoever with OSU?

This is an impressive way of hacking the system.

11 minutes ago, Telly33 said:

OSU is a tough nut to crack, that's for sure.  I even setup an account on their athletic ticketing website with a non-701 phone and non-ND mailing address so I could refer to that when I called.  They still said we're not sure if we're going to be doing a public offering yet at this point.  This was after lengthy holds so they could talk to supervisors.

My buddy lives in Columbus and his wife actually got an email letting her know that tickets were available to students, which she used to be.  When he called the OSU ticket office, they grilled him about how he knew about the sale and verified her name and the email address.  He was going to try to buy them in my name, but OSU was having none of it and would only put the tickets in his name or his wife's name.  

So, to answer your question, no luck here. :)

16 minutes ago, Telly33 said:

Mike-

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we are only able to accept orders from the OSU Men's Ice Hockey ticket holders.  We would encourage you to follow up with  Scheels Arena http://scheelsarena.com/tickets/  for any tickets that may be returned by participating schools later in week.

Best-

Sarah

OHIO STATE ATHLETIC TICKET OFFICE

1020 Schottenstein Center | 555 Borror Dr. | Columbus, OH 43210

4 minutes ago, HawksHoops said:

My buddy lives in Columbus and his wife actually got an email letting her know that tickets were available to students, which she used to be.  When he called the OSU ticket office, they grilled him about how he knew about the sale and verified her name and the email address.  He was going to try to buy them in my name, but OSU was having none of it and would only put the tickets in his name or his wife's name.  

Interesting thing is when Ohio State releases their allotment it will basically go back to UND fans to purchase on Thursday.

2 minutes ago, mn_sioux said:

Interesting thing is when Ohio State releases their allotment it will basically go back to UND fans to purchase on Thursday.

Exactly what my buddy and I were saying.  Besides the fact that the more UND fans in the building on Friday, the better for OSU against Duluth.  Maybe the percentage the schools make from selling their allotment is just too small for OSU to worry about.

2 minutes ago, mn_sioux said:

Yeah, at least St. Cloud made some extra money for their athletic programs a few years back. 

17 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, at least St. Cloud made some extra money for their athletic programs a few years back. 

Yes, they did and off of their season ticket holders too.  We talked to the people from SCSU who had to pay extra to be able to buy tickets

4 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

To boost attendance. *eyeroll*

Brown is the host school in Providence. 

Harvard is the #3 overall.
After #1 DU and #2 UMD were seeded, #3 Harvard was seeded at the site closest to them: Providence.
And, Providence College is #14 PWR.
That is straight up seeding (3 v 14)

But it still is no fun for Harvard.

Signed,
Ricci Blasi 

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I just had to shoot an arrow back, sorry. BTW I did notice you gave Frozen4sioux a positve rep 4 hours ago for shooting arrows at our Hawk?

Sounds like something I would do.  If it makes you feel better I positive 'repped' your post as well.  Have a good one and go UND.

3 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

Do you think Omaha would ever host in the CenturyLink Center? If so, would the NC$$ want to place us there to boost attendance? 

Doubt it, doesn't seem like that relationship between UNO and Creighton ended well. Also, that'd be a tough regional to make any money on especially if UNO didn't make NCAAs.

1 hour ago, HawksHoops said:

I felt like I was pretty close both times I called.  Probably just on the whim of some pinhead supervisor in their call center.  I'm sure they have tons of tickets on hand with virtually no demand from actual OSU fans.  The first guy I talked to was really puzzled how I knew to call there.  I just said I called the ticket office number of the school I used to go to. 

1 hour ago, ringneck28 said:

Sad thing is, people are buying tickets from UMD and posting them on Craigslist for 3 times the price.  I can't get a pair because UMD won't sell to my 701 number and they got a pair.  :blush:

How do they plan on even knowing the seat assignments or getting the tickets until right before the game?

32 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

How do they plan on even knowing the seat assignments or getting the tickets until right before the game?

Watch out people, I have a feeling there are some scam artists out there too.  I just got a text and it wasn't from around here.  Wanted me to mail a check.  Yeah right.