SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD - NCHC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

25 minutes ago, Biddco said:

Nah, we dive a lot and it's been a trend ever since Farley and Johnson were on the team. It's annoying as a UMD fan but it does make it fun to watch people wine about it. That Johnson dive was so amazingly bad. I wish they'd stop soon so we don't get fans hating on us for that reason but it keep happening *shrugs*

@Biddco You are the first Bulldog fan I've seen to make an acknowledgement. As much as I want to wear my green shades, I know UND players aren't innocent in committing dirty plays. It isn't always "hard nosed hockey."

UND and UMD both have notoriety for different reasons.

6 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

@Biddco You are the first Bulldog fan I've seen to make an acknowledgement. As much as I want to wear my green shades, I know UND players aren't innocent in committing dirty plays. It isn't always "hard nosed hockey."

UND and UMD both have notoriety for different reasons.

You'd be silly not to acknowledge it. First it was Gopher fans talking about it and now it is you guys. Although to be fair to UMD, it comes up a couple times a year and is not a weekly occurrence. Of course that could just be my "maroon and gold" glasses speaking.

13 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Challenge for ya...Bet you can't show the  same amount of dives UMD did this last weekend from the HISTORY of Sioux hockey! ;)

My girls have watched UND hockey for years. Both watched the UMD game Saturday. Both were embarrassed for the UMD players and both are soccer players.

That's saying something............ they've seen plenty of diving and flopping.

• Upvote 4

OK, it was bad, but it's probably time to get over it.  It was a meaningless game, and UND did end up on the PP for what seemed like half the game.  At this point, it's time to look to Friday, for me.

Pionk may experience renewed interest in the topic when the teams first meet in the regular season next year.

For this weekend, if both NCHC teams are fortunate enough to advance, I doubt you'll see more than about six PPs in the game.  They both will know what's on the line.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, jk said:

OK, it was bad, but it's probably time to get over it.  It was a meaningless game, and UND did end up on the PP for what seemed like half the game.  At this point, it's time to look to Friday, for me.

Pionk may experience renewed interest in the topic when the teams first meet in the regular season next year.

For this weekend, if both NCHC teams are fortunate enough to advance, I doubt you'll see more than about six PPs in the game.  They both will know what's on the line.

Pionk is undrafted. With his skill set, he'll get a lot of looks in the offseason to sign.

Wouldn't surprise me if he left when the money is there.

16 minutes ago, LeftyZL said:

Pionk is undrafted. With his skill set, he'll get a lot of looks in the offseason to sign.

Wouldn't surprise me if he left when the money is there.

Next year....or even better in the minors....I'm willing to bet he has to answer for that hit someday.

7 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Next year....or even better in the minors....I'm willing to bet he has to answer for that hit someday.

There are a number of head shots he will get to answer for.  Hope for his sake he can fight.