SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY NCHC SEMI GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Best corner player and best edge player (with his skates) since... well, he's the best player with that skill I've ever witnessed at UND. Been watching UND hockey for over 25 years. Says a lot. He's a special talent! 

His ability to create something out of nothing with a man on him down low is the best that I've seen since Parise.  His two way play at the pivot is the best I've seen since Toews.  Not bad to remind me of two NHL all-stars...

I have to admit that I didn't read all of the posts on this thread (yet), but I have to say this about last night's game:  I have watched Sioux hockey since the early 60's, both live and on tv.  Last night's game has to be one of the best team performances I have ever seen.  To take in to consideration the opponent they had, and the circumstances that had it a "must win," I have to say it was truly a masterpiece of defensive play and that includes all players.  The penalty kill was also outstanding, smothering the DU pp like a wet blanket on a small campfire.

Hats off to the coaches and players for a tremendous performance last night, and I wish them the best in the future games this season.

• Upvote 3

Also: Does anybody have a suggestion as to where we can see the games next weekend on tv with other Sioux hockey fans in Phoenix/Scottsdale Arizona?  I believe that the O'Sullivan's bars have since closed their doors, so maybe another venue has taken over for watching the Sioux.  I would appreciate hearing any suggestions before Tuesday morning, as our flight leaves that day.

17 minutes ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

Also: Does anybody have a suggestion as to where we can see the games next weekend on tv with other Sioux hockey fans in Phoenix/Scottsdale Arizona?  I believe that the O'Sullivan's bars have since closed their doors, so maybe another venue has taken over for watching the Sioux.  I would appreciate hearing any suggestions before Tuesday morning, as our flight leaves that day.

I've watched a couple games last season at O'Sunllivan's Bar, I haven't heard that they closed?

20 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I've watched a couple games last season at O'Sunllivan's Bar, I haven't heard that they closed?

When we left AZ in late May last year, both the one in Mesa and one in a western suburb were closed.

I had some friends that went to the one in Mesa to watch a game, and the place was locked up, apparently with a sign stating they were no longer open.

Just now, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

When we left AZ in late May last year, both the one in Mesa and one in a western suburb were closed.

I had some friends that went to the one in Mesa to watch a game, and the place was locked up, apparently with a sign stating they were no longer open.

Thanks for the info, Let's get the Dogs tonight.